Still severe pain two months after HOLEP.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Following blog suggestions here, I consulted GP with suspicion of perhaps chronic infection, . He sent my urine sample for analysis and this has come back this morning as normal. 

But the pains persist.  Fairly prolonged sitting makes getting up agony, and so still is the pain pre, during and long after urinating.

I was desperately hoping it would be an infection, which can then be properly addressed.

Anyone had anything near my experience? HOLEP's been two months now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am three months after Holep and not getting pain apart from tingling. But I now have a third bout of infection for which I,ve been prescribed Ciprofloxacin. Consultant says if infections persist then he may have to remove some more of the prostate.
  • Posted

This suggests non-bacterial prostatitis. There is a fair amount of information on this malady, but sadly, absolutely no certain cures. I have it myself for the last 4 months, and similarly, there is no evidence of infection. and would not wish it on my worst enemy. Hospital urologist prescribed 3 MONTHS of ciprofoxacin. I have done 15 days with, if anything, worsening pain. I find that the pain is best treated by Ibuprofen, but that is contra-indicated with cipro.....so..... on the strength of having taken a hell of a lot of one of the most dangerous antibiotics, I will stop that, so at least I can take Ibuprofen. I am also trying several other natural products supposedly anti-inflamatory. Examples - Quercetin, Turmeric, Bromelain, Flaxseed oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin C.

If anyone has better ideas, come in, come in.

• Posted

I have Prostatitis and often when I have taken a sample into the Dr they have only done a dipstick test which has not shown infection but when I have insisted on having it cultured an infection has been shown. Worth a check.

• Posted

I had a nasty infection after surgery. Cipro didn't touch it. Had to do IV antibiotics. Then bactrum pills. It worked.

• Posted

Hi OLF I am not sure where your severe pain is ? But my partner had HOLEP over two months ago, and apart from a mild stinging when he first started to pee (lasted a couple of weeks) he is totally pain free. So get on to whoever because this just does not sound right.

Take care you!

Deb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.