Still some discomfort

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,  I am new to this site.  I had my lithotripsy 2 weeks ago.  I had a follow up with my urologists office on Thursday, I didn't see him, but his cnp.  She said the xray showed no visual stone left, but now he wants me to have a Fish urine test to make sure that the blood in my urine was from the kidney stone & not cancer. I am scared now.  He said the bladder was normal.   This is my first time with a kidney stone and I am 68 and have been pretty healthy.  Plus I am still having some discomfort on the right side.  Is this normal ?  Has anyone else ever had this urine test ?  Any information really would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to here that.No I have not heard or had test.my follow up is this Monday .I have been in discomfort for two weeks due to stent they put.Hope all is well..I'm sure it will be..GOD Bless...
    • Posted

Please let me know how your follow up goes.  God Bless you.
  • Posted

Sounds like your doctor is covering himself in case the blood is something he ought to have checked before discharging you.

The blood is probably some residual infection but, if it's something different, it can be treated best if treated soonest so go along and get yourself cleared.

Let us know what happenns.

• Posted

Thank you for your response.   I already took the urine sample in on Friday for the fish test.  It takes 2 weeks for results.  They said it is probably from the kidney stone, praying that is all it is.  confused
  • Posted

Well I went in for follow up..I saw my Dr.we then tried to get stent out but he couldn't.. So he then sent me next door to Hosp as emergency day surgery to try while I was under anesthesia.

Well that didn't didn't go good either.still couldn't get stent out.So I was admitted on Monday after surgery spent the night ..oh for got this part they ended up putting a drain on my right kidney.not comfortable at all..got discharged on Tues cause ins wouldn't cover ambulance transport. So went home got in bed.stared to get fever and bloated. So I then go toER of Hosp. Where I'm to have procedure. and low and behold.Get admitted due to 103.7temp..

• Posted

Sorry to hear that is is not going well.  I am fortunate I didn't have a stent.  I am praying that they find out why the fever.  Please keep me updated.  God Bless.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of these problems.

Has your doc diagnosed the cause of the blood?

Was it due to the stent?

• Posted

This all started over a month ago.  I was having some uncomfortalbe achy in lower back and flank pain.  Went to my primary dr.  he did a urine test in the office and discovered small amount of blood & some cells that looked abnormal.  He sent me for a ct scan & came back with a 7mm non obstructive kidney stone.  Then was referred to the urologist , who said that I needed a lithotripsy & had me get a xray to see if the stone was visable, which it was so didn't need a stent.  Had the procedure & he checked my bladder said looked good.  Like I said when I did my follow up he wants that Fish urnine test to make sure that the cellls are from the kidney stone & not cancer cells.  It's been only less than a week since they sent the test in ( takes 2 weeks ) I am worried about this test & the results.  I had found this site and thought maybe someone else has had this test.  Thanks for listening. 
  • Posted

Nt eorkGlad to know u r OK....yep you need more water to dtink ..as for me .I had followup this past Monday. Dr.tried to take stent out nope did not work.so was sent to Hosp.to do under anesthesia. still couldn't. so now its Thursday got fever 103.7 infection. Need surgery and new procedure.scheduled for Friday.if no other complication...just fruststrated and in pn..But things happen for a reason..
    • Posted

I am sorry to hear that you have to go through this.  Is your surgery for a kidney stone?  Sorry if I sound dumb, but this is all new to me.  I will be praying for you.  

God Bless,  Karen

• Posted

Yeah..8.5 mm. If anything could go wrong it did..so don't worry too much.they said 1in a million.so I am the..1..just take it one day at a time..
    • Posted

That is all we can do ( one day at a time) sometimes that's hard, at least for me.   Keep me updated on the outcome when you are able.  
    • Posted

Out of Surgery for about 2hrs now..feels great a total 100 degrees turnaround..still have the drain in kidney for the stones to come out with the lithilotripsy just a precautionary outlet..all is good..hope to be discharged tomorrow..I'm craving a beer..lol..good luck on the rest of ur venture...
    • Posted

Great news !  With all you have been through, you must really need a beer.confused  I myself am having  a glass of wine.  I have another week to hear about my test., have been praying that the cells are not cancer cells, but from my kidney stones.  Keep my in the loop of your progress.  Thanks,  Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.