Still suffering

Posted , 4 users are following.

I last posted 2 years ago, and sad to say I am still suffering from exactly the same lower abdominal pain and frequent bloating. When I went to see a gastroenterologist last year and asked him if I might have SIBO as well as diverticular disease, he said no and would not test for it, and said that I had upset my digestive system by trying too many different diets over the last 10years. Then he said I should try the FODMAP diet, which I already have, and so all he coud suggest was that I try it again. When I asked my GP about having an MRI scan this week, she said that the pain was probably from the diverticular pouches, but I don't understand why if I'm not having  flare up? Does anyone else have this achey abdominal pain without actually having diverticulitis? Sometimes it makes me feel life's not worth living?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No don't say that...I've been in the medical field for years and think they just can't figure out how to handle me.  Keep researching because I find for myself it is much more than just one thing.  I have become a devout no dairy, no processed food, fruit/veggie fan and the celery juice in the morning craze has worked wonders for me.  I actually started listening to my physical therapist husband about visceral massage and the ilioscal valve.  Look into it it may be a game changer as it was for me.  Always remember western medicine is not the difinitive answer to all.. I beleive I have the ability to find out what is best for me but I have to be willing to make the changes necessary.  Persist, perservere and believe your body wants to heal.  

• Posted

Please tell more about  ilioscal valve and massage,Diverticular disease diagnosed few weeks ago but I do believe there are more problems going on in my body,,,,I need to research.
    • Posted

Yes Annie  I found clips on u tube but as my college looked at thousands of vets after told divi I agree with them that for me there are new things after my divi diagnosis.  But every time I feel a twinge on the right side I now massage  ioc and feel much better.  Tess I too question SIBO but  a doctor in Dallas TX  had alot to say about that too k brown and his concoction is in my grocery.  I think for me it is putting together everyones informatin about ab issues not just divi for it all to make sense. Good luck
  • Posted

I get it to Tess and feel the same way sometimes. Two years ago did they do actual test to see if you even had diverticulis asking because they refused the other test you ask for. Have you ever taking antibotics for it?
    • Posted

I have never had diverticulitis thank God even though I have this nagging pain which I am told is from diverticulosis. I had a barium enema so have seen the pouches on the x-ray myself. Unfortunately I have been prescribed anti-biotics for one condition or another since I was a teenager, but never for diverticulitis. I'm sure that this has wrecked havoc with my gut flora, and is probably the route cause of all my problems. I don't think enough research is being done, possibly because it isn't regarded as serious as say cancer. Anyway, good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.