Still suffering from Anxiety after HIV test result came out naegative .

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 3 months plus ago, i had a protected sex with a transgender sex worker. It was my first time of having any kind of sex.

I am jz 22 years old.

I did it due bad decision making and such.

But soon after , i started to panic and thought that i might have HIV.

So i started to buy 3rd gen antibody test kits and testing it on myself, and all came in negative.

I tested on myself for more than 4 times , starting from week 71/2 until week 11.

That would once a week, and i still doubted the results.

And on week 13 , i finally mustered up all the courage i have and go for a hiv testing at a local anonymous hiv testing center funded by a huge foundation which combats HIV.

I did the 4th gen antibody-antigen combo rapid test. When the result came out, it was negative. I even cried when i was talking to the counsellor. It was the happiest dat of my life.

But the relief didnt last long, as i start to think what if the results arent accurate, and many what if.

I also started to google informations of HIV and it just makes me feel worse. I cant stop doing it, and the more i look up for information the scarier it is to me.

And i do have 1 symptom of HIV , which is rashes. The itch comes and goes.

I also suffers from diarrhea.

I have seek 2 different doctors' opinion and they say its only allergy/ eczema.

The first doctor prescribed me with prednisolone which helps to subside the inflammation, but it made my acne worse.

The 2nd doctor gave me some moisteriser cream and anti histamine to help with the itch.

But i cant seem to stop the anxiety that i am having . Its ruining my life, what i suppose to do ?

Please , i would like to have some tips.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety is a minster and will stock with you as long as it can. It will have you living in the what if world for as long as it can. See if your doc can give you something to settle you down and calm your nerves. Best of luck
  • Posted

I too thought id got HIV but I did trust the results just cudnt explain what the anxiety was .

It really does sound like an anxiety related thing or eczema.

Uve had HIV test and was negative. Trust it. U also gotta think if u did hav it, it's not necessarily a death sentence these days.

Phil

• Posted

I trust the results.

It was conducted by a trained personnel in a hiv testing center.

Just as what you said, i dont understand what the anxiety was about too. Its just there to haunt me.

After using the moisterizer cream for 4 days , the rash have subside.

I will try to control what my brain is thinking.

Thx you phil for your kind words.

• Posted

Your welcome.

I'm not having such a gud evening thoughts all ruminating quite negative thoughts.

It's hard isn't it trying to control the thoughts.

😛

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.