Still the same pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I broke and dislocated my ankle in November of last year, I had a plate, screws and wires put in. Less than 6 months later I had to get them all removed as I developed an infection due to the hardware. I’m almost 2 months post op from the second surgery and sometimes still feel the pain I felt where the plate was I always thought it just was the plate that was causing it but now it’s gone and I still feel it from time to time. Is this normal ? 

Thank you in advanced 

☺️

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow....it must be a nerve in there somewhere.   

How long did it take to get back on both feet after you had the hardware removed?  

• Posted

I'm not a Dr or nurse so it's something I can not answer. I would seek medical advice from another source though.

I was asking this site a question myself when I ended up being the first to ask something in a long time , Sorry I'm of no help.

• Posted

My question was. I had a tendon transfer on my left foot due to polio and drop foot. What would happen if I twisted that foot would everything come undone? The Dr told me to be very careful not to do so. This was done in 2003

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.