Still there

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had a bonion operation over a year ago. My left foot is perfect,so to speak but my right foot i feel my bunion was never removed. Although its not as big its till there in a smaller way ??/

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep this can happen, I have to have mine done all over again. On my last appointment the nurse said "everything has shifted", next time she said it would be a bigger operation going in through the ankle. You should go back.
  • Posted

My op was just over one year ago and overall I have recovered well and back to long distance walking, however, my bunion site is still slightly swollen and causes me pain after a long walk.  I'm not sure I could go through that recovery period again!!  You should get it checked out if only to have a clinical perspective?
  • Posted

I had a double bunion op with fusion and screw with pin on the left and bunion removal and screw on the right - I am only on week 14, my right foot is much smaller on the bunion site but my left foot defo still has a bunion and my big toe still goes off to the left!  I was told that the left was so badly deformed (I left it too long) that to get the screws in he had to go bone to bone but due to the deformity there would be a big gap and therefore not possible to get it any straighter. Both my feet still swell (well the ankles) after a day on them and the bunions still itch at night but the pain is no way as bad as before the op. I know I couldn't face going through the recovery again, I have heard they can come back, my sisters have but she had one done over 30 years ago!
  • Posted

I had my right foot bunion operation 2 years ago (3 screws) and afterwards I still had a bunion.   Eventually my big toe went back over although it was slightly less than it had been.  I was reluctant to go back to the hospital but eventually I did and 4 weeks ago I had a 'revision'.  So far it looks very good.  The bunion is gone and my big toe is straight again.  It is worth going back and in my case the second operation was much less painful than the first.  Hope you get yours sorted out. Tip: ring the hospital where you had it done and tell them the problem  - I first went to my GP and he tried to fob me off with physio.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.