Still trying to stabilize

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been back on Effexor 37.5 after doctor weaned me off 225 way too fast. He put me back on 37.5. It has been a month and I still feel the withdrawal symptoms.! The indigestion is horrible. Nothin I do seems to soothe it. I have some good days where I feel normal. Does this mean I am getting better? 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Jacqueline, this drug has quite honestly, "done my head in" I came off the high dose I was on because the GPs were told to put us on Slow Release when the ****supplies/manufacturers ran out of Instant Release Tables.. but didn't explain how to take them properly..I thought I should take them 1 morning and 1 at night.like I did with IR tabs.. worked out I was overdosing..after being on this patient site and talking to someone that had been through same thing.. I'm not surprised you feel withdrawal symptoms as they're same as Overdose symptoms.. I wish I had a scientific explanation for you... it's all my personal experience with this drug.. I've managed to half the dose I was on because of the **** above.. I feel crappy.. but I'm not increasing it...want off the stuff.. withdrawal symptoms are dreadful..were you off them completely..then put back on them at the lower dose ? I'm not surprised you feel awful..as I said.. withdrawal and going back on them..same effect ...I've gone as low a dose as I dare just now..feel awful..but..I want off them..Sorry this is so long..I feel so strongly that this drug causes more harm than good... My Opinion Only.. so don't take that as It's not good for anyone... I just have had too many bad experiences with it.. hope you get on ok.. Take care and if you're still not feeling good ask if you can have a different antidepressant..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.