Still unsure whether I should up my dose.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been on 20 mg of Cit for 9 weeks now and still feel anxious.  It is better than before I started but still feels pretty bad at times.

Does anyone know whether upping my dose to 30 or 40 mg would speed up recovery. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for all your replies.  I'm going to stick with the 20 mg for another couple of months as I have experienced improvement and see how a go.

• Posted

Hi Anna, did u stick to your 20mg?? I Myself have been on 20mg for 9 weeks (although I was on 10mg for 4 weeks before that) Iv had "some" good days over the last 4 weeks but keep crashing back down. I had 3 good days 2 weeks ago then 2 rubbish days but picked back up again for 4 days that were great, then I crashed on Monday evening and still not recovered from this. I do believe I'm a little better than I was but it seems to be going very slow and I keep dipping dramatically.

Is your recovery going the same way? Most days I'm unable to leave the house (although I still feel just as bad at home) I struggle to function too on my bad days xx

• Posted

Hi Claire, yes I have stuck to the 20 mg and the last week I have been feeling a lot better.  I had an off week the week before last. I've been very much up and down since starting on the Cit but when I think back to before I was taking them things are much better.  I suffered both the mental and physical effects of anxiety.

This weekend I have been almost back to normal.  I actually had my dip at 9 weeks, so I would say stick with 20 mg and I'm sure you'll see some improvement soon, it;s still early days.

It's really tough but I'm feeling a lot more hopeful. Try and get out for a walk at least each day.  It takes a lot of discipline but if you get out I think it makes you feel better and the exercise is definately beneficial to your mood. xx

• Posted

Kate cogs gives really helpful support. I was on cit 2013 for 6 months and it took me a year to withdraw   It really worked for me. Went back on it jan and this is my 8 th week. I am feeling so much better from 6 weeks on 20 mg. my gp did give me propranolol a beta blocker to take for anxiety panic attack. at week 5 with the increasing anxiousness I took one a day at 7.30 am with the cit.  that got me through. Took 9   None now but was great idea.   Am reviewed ever 2 months now but my plan is to eventually reduce to 10 mg or even 5 mg and stay on that for ever. I am 64. I think my body/brain just needs it.  I can live with that to have my mojo back. 100% improvement back on cit.  amazing. Should have addressed the problem months ago and made everybody's life better.  Good luck on your journey. I have old posts if you want to refer to them 

• Posted

Thanks Gillian, yes I'm also looking at staying on Cit for a long time.  They have been a life saver for me.  I was at such a low point and Cit has given me my life back.  I'm still not 100% but feeling positive about getting there. I also plan to reduce to 10 mg and maybe 5 mg as a maintenance dose like you but at the moment happy to be on 20 mg.

Good luck with your journey.  Sounds like you are well on track. 

Will refer to your old post - if I can work out how to. biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.