Still Waiting!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I posted a new messge a couple of days ago to say my doc had prescribed these blue tablets. He said not to take them until next week as i have been having a lot of problems with back pain and have been resting. He said he didn't want to me experience any of the side affects mentioned and not be able to make it to the toilet quick enough!! (this got me worrid!!)

I have now got them and will start Monday (when stop taking back medication). My worry now is from reading your postings it sounds like your gp's are supporting you? I have not had a weigh in and he has made no appointments to see me again? Just take them and try was his advise?

I have weighed myself so roughly know what starting weight i am - but apart from you nice people on here i seem to be going ahead unsupported. Is there any other organisations (you seem to mention a nurse?) that can help me as a little worrid about starting these alone?

Sorry if all this is waffle but i really want to try them but also a little wary.

Any advise please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tigger,

Why not make appt with your Practice Nurse for a weigh in.... at least you will know exactly what weight you are starting at, then perhaps she will agree to weigh you on a monthly basis... I know they do at our local Health Centre. :P

You may also like to make contact with the MAP team. They are a nurse advsior service run by the manufactureres of the drug. They are on 0800 731 7138. They are fantastic and keep in regular contact with you.... :lol: :lol:

Good luck with whatever you decide!! [ keep us posted ]

BM x 8)

• Posted

Hi I agree with bigmama43 contact your practice nurse.

Good luck!

• Posted

Tigger

not everyones doctor has been helpful and even though mine gave me the patient leaflets etc she did not really know much about the tablets only to say not to worry and I may not have the side effects (how wrong she was).

Anyway I know they would try to help but nothing beats the real people on here for support, help and advice.

SO stick with us and jump on our train

Choo Choo

Laups

• Posted

Hi Everyone

Thanks for that advice and think i will give the MAP nurse a ring on the number. Will let you know what happens when I jump on the train Monday!!! (Lets just hope I'm not needing to jump quickly on to something else with this orange oil syndrome!!!!)

Speak again soon

• Posted

Hi Tigger,

Agree with the others. Id take BM`s advice and contact MAP team.

My GP gave me the tablets. Saw me once - told me to \"just phone the surgery from now on\" for my script, and see the practice nurse every \"month or so\" to get weighed.

U`ll be fine chick.. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.