still waiting for citrafleet to take effect...took 1st dose over 4 hrs ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

anyone else with similar transit time experience

thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Don't know what to say - my prep was called MOVIPREP and you mixed two sachets together with a litre of water then same again in the morning. Mine worked within an hour and I had bowel movements for hours after

If nothing happens during the night maybe take the next one but phone your hospital for help

Good luck hope all is ok

Night

• Posted

Thanks Irene-success eventually. Started clearing 12.30am .

About an hours sleep-just taken me second dose!

Bit tired!

Allowed another litre of fluid then no more fr 8 am . Off to hospital by 11 15

Appreciate your feedback ❤️

• Posted

Hi - ooo not a Restful night for you

Hope all goes well. Let us know how you are when you get home

Take care x

• Posted

My first dose was at 2pm and it worked between 4pm and 5pm. My next dose was at 6pm and that didn't work until 2am and although I sat on the loo on and off till 4am, nothing much was produced!  Hope that by now you will have had your colonoscopy.
  • Posted

Hi Anna - just home from a horrible drive to my daughters - one hour stuck in a traffic jam yuk

Anyway how are you did it go ok?

I had a call to go for a scan and see a gynaecologist - booked me to go tomoz Friday (little worried )

Anyway hope you home safe and sound

Irene

• Posted

Hi Irene-what a couple of challenging days-all new experiences ! Firstly I guess you might well be feeling a little anxious-if your'e anything like me-after a phone call..its an instinctive human response as a sweet nurse reminded me only yesterday ! Try to stay focused and positive (I know easier said then done-but maybe the kind of situations we all face are some kind of test to bring out our hidden talents-I dunno just a thought) Goin..going back to my experiences..the night before colonoscopy no sleep ..so the mild anaesthetic gave one the impression of a couple of hours rest. Ti turns out they removed a polyp and asked me to return in another 5 yrs...Then when I got home I started bleeding scared me of course..rang the doc and she said she would call me back around 10.30pm and if it hadnt stopped maybe I should get myself back to clinic overnight and she would check me out following am. I was so exhausted n thought I just hAVE TO RELAX....and it seemed to me I would get more sleep in my own home then the stress of getting back to hospital and spending another sleepless night there !

I managed a good 7 hours n by morning bleeding seemed to have stopped. Doctor called as promised following morning to see how I was-and as the weekend was coming up suggested I should goin this am for a check up

Am now back-had to have a shorter colonoscopy procedure no anaesthetic in order to clip the area where the polyp had been removed. So now have a couple of clips which will drop out now they have done the job (presumably cauterising ) seems like my blood coagulation is questionable so am having a blood test tomorrow. I have noticed of late that if I get a cut it seems to take a long time to stop bleeding  Am sitting on the couch resting but feeling much happier than yesterday. I send you my very Best Wishes . Hugs

When I got home I started bleeding

• Posted

Hi - what a couple of horrible days you have had . I really hope you feel a lot better now You take care and put your feet up this week end

I've been for my CY Scan this morning )no good since tea time again and had to drink 2 x 2 pints of water when you are under 5 ft where do you store this liquid !

Anyway scan went smoothly but don't know any results until my GP or the Gynaecologist (20 July)

So feet up for me and a glass of wine

Cheers

• Posted

MIght pass on the wine till my tum has got over all the intervention..but llooking fwd to a glass...I will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you..Bon Courage as they say here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.