still waiting for the "you'll be better than ever" stage

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have experienced every single one of the 66 symptoms listed on this site as well as a few more. I have hung on to the hope that "HRT will make me feel better than I have ever felt". Well I have been on the pills for going on 2 years and yes I have made progress. But I am still ill every single day, its easier to manage as some symptoms have disappeared, but i find myself not living life because I am waiting until i feel great. I find myself telling people "when I get better, i am going to ..." I feel as tho life is passing me by . I have given up on "feeling great" and will settle.

the only way i can describe the way i feel is to say that its like a poisonous gas flowing towards me - i can feel it coming, it reaches me - my eyes burn, my ears fill, my teeth start hurting, i get dizzy, anxious, depressed, and then it lets up for a few minutes. I question whether it was real, and then it starts flowing towards me again. Time and time again you cannot out run it or medicate it. you just have to let it rollover you. No one understands but the women going through it allow yourself to be a b***h, an introvert a couch potato, crazy person.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Corinne,

I hear you! I hear everything you are saying and I feel the same. I am in year 8 of post menopause and have yet to feel it's over. The worst for me has been post not peri, just to clarify. I am 59 and feel I lost my 50's to this process. I will pray for you today and all the women on this site. May we have calm and peace within. Blessings to you and thanks for sharing.

Carmen

• Edited

I too am waiting for things to settle down and stay settled down. I have been told once you are through this you get your second wind and I have been told once you are post menopause you learn to live with your new normal. I guess it's different with each woman. I can only speak from my personal experience. I am post menopause 10 years and from time to time I will get a stretch where my symptoms are more manageable, but never completely gone. I still have phases that are as bad as when I first stared this journey in 2009. I will be 60 in September and I thought I would through this by now, but it's not the case for me. I have learned to embrace the good days when they do come and when the bad days come, I remind myself, this too shall pass, you have been here before, just hang on. Praying for brighter days for all.

GOD Bless

• Edited

Cornie 6, i feel you and understand what you are saying , im in the same peri boat , tired of thinking about my pains and the worst one is my heart pump harder every now and then which is very scary and hard to handle , there are many days i felt my day is over but im still here i want fo enjoy life and in my forties i never thought im gone be sick like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.