Still Wiped Out 8 Weeks Post Op

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Girls I'm nearly 8 Weeks Post op and still experience aching/brusing feeling in my tummy but it's the exhaustion I can't get my head round I'm shattered!!! I've started driving a little and that still hurts a bit :-( all healed on the outside great 👍 hubby keeps telling me to get used to resting it's a long recovery xx

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Karen i had my op on the 1st November .and i still feel shattered mostly in the afternoon. Still getting aches and pains especially in my back .i started driving this week and decided today to do a small shop. By the time i had pushed the trolly around which didnt contain a lot and put two small bags in the car. I was ready for home and a sleep and did i sleep . I really do think everyone is different and we all have to listen to our bodies. And not beat your self up because right now we cant do all that we want.. i do belive it takes a full 12months to feel fully back to normal. And the aches and pains are part of the trauma our insides have gone through . You are doing great. So least to your husband and body and do as much as they allow. Big hugs xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Hun had a cry today just fed up of the pain now was expecting to bounce back 6 weeks but need to just keep resting and I will be good when I'm good, I still get really sore and brusing pains in my tummy :-(

Hope you feel loads better soon take care xx

• Posted

Hi Karen. Hope you have had a better day today big hugs . Think what we have to rembember its a big operation and our bodies have to heal I want to run before i can walk lol. Are you still taking any pain tabs as dont suffer in pain. Or have a word with your doctor. Hope you have a nice weekend and dont beat yourself up for resting lots of love xx
    • Posted

Ps have you tried Arnaca cream (think thats the correct spelling) gor the brusiing its really good xx
    • Posted

Hi Hun still on pain meds every now and then :-( Oooo where do I get that cream from? Xxx
    • Posted

Holland and Barrant and i think boots do it as well . Its fab for bring out bruising They also do it in tablets which is suppose to heal within. And according to reviews has good results. What im finding im suffering with awful back pain which i never suffered with before. Feel at times my back will snap in teo. The joys of being a women lol xx
  • Posted

hi Karen

I total understand where your coming from

I'm also 8 weeks post t op from full hysterectomy after endometrial cancer diagnosis

id already gone through menopause so to feel like i am now is a bit of downer left side of my tummy still feels tender and lumpy and still have the dragging feeling

The worst is this total exhaustion as its really having an impact .. i presume is the lack of hormones but i feel like i did going through the menopause last time hot sweats again aching joints again mood swings and memory loss its very confusing

its hard to get your r head around why you feel so off esp when they've e removed the problem

here's to us both feeling more energetic very soon

take care

Machaela

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.