Still Worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

It has been a little over 3 months since I got this horrible virus. It's been a hard journey, but I am starting to lose hope. There are some days or multiple days in a row where I feel back to normal again, and then, boom, back to where I started. coincidentally, the day I went to the doctor to get blood tests, I felt great. It has been two weeks since I got my blood work done and everything appears to be normal. My lymphocytes are on the last number of the normal range, but if there was an issue, I believe that my doctor would have mentioned it the time she called me to address my vitamin D deficiency. I really am beginning to lose all hope at this point as it is the start of a new semester and I am trying to give it my all, but the body aches and lack of focus seem to be getting to the best of me.

Has anyone else experienced this while they were infected with this horrible virus?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't what type of virus I have in my body .I had terrible year 2018 when I got sick after went through multiple blood tests I just got vitamin d deficiency.it was less then 29 .the levels comes in insufficiency not deficiency.still I have have horrible days .I have sore throat and white tongue,feeling of unhealthy ,un able to concentrate on my work .

• Posted

Thinking about you also Ravi, it's been a terrible time for you and I just hope and pray that recovery and breakthrough can happen this year and very soon indeed. Do keep checking in with the doctor and hoping so much they can offer reassurance, it may be that it has been mono or a similar type virus but if you don't have a blood test in the first few weeks of it then it can sometimes not be picked up. Just hoping the doctors can offer some reassurance and hope, and hoping that your Vitamin D levels can be more settled with supplementation. Remember taking good vitamins and herbs can really help, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng / echinacea / oregano, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and a B complex vitamin for energy levels and nervous system.

Hang in there Ravi, will keep you in my thoughts / prayers. Believing that you are going to get better and that God has amazingly good plans ahead for your life, thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Madison,

I'm so sorry to hear things have been so tough over the Christmas / New Year period. I do empathise very much and remember back to the 3 month stage myself - I was still feeling very unwell and in an intense phase of the virus after 3 months, it was an awful time because as you say it just drains you when it goes on day after day and week after week at such an intense level, and it is understandable to feel discouraged.

I really want you to know Madison that things do and will get better from this point, certainly in my experience. It still took me a few more months after that 3 month stage, but I did get there thanks to God only - your body does get stronger and my memory was that this 3 month or so stage was BY FAR the worst because the symptoms and fatigue were still so intense and draining - but it doesn't always stay that way Madison it really doesn't. Truly you will get better from this, even if it takes a little bit more time, hang in there because I felt exactly the same and was struggling badly at the same point you are at now, but things did get better with time thanks to God's help.

It's hard when you have studies and things to deal with, for me I had to take a number of months away from work as just felt so exhausted and unwell. It panics you and puts you under pressure when you set timescales that you need to feel better for this I know, and it's so hard Madison. If possible try not to do that and if you can give yourself time and space and rest to recover at the pace it needs to, and don't put too much pressure on yourself or expect too much from yourself right now. If you need to take time away from studies I know that would be a very hard decision to have to make, but also remember to put your health first and just don't push yourself beyond your limits right now.

Hang in there Madison - there is hope and things will get better - even if it's hard to see that right now. If you can keep taking good vitamins and herbs (let me know if you want a note of any of the things that helped me), and hoping that your Vitamin D levels are more stable now and being supplemented as that is really important for your wellbeing and energy levels too.

Just coping with one day at a time is the best way, the only way - I remember how getting through a single day of things was such a struggle and hardship at times, so don't look too far ahead and just remember that this is a nasty virus and it is most definitely is very normal for it to take an extended period, a number of months, for you to get back to full health again but that ABSOLUTELY you WILL get back to full health again - don't give up Madison there is hope and God is always there and is the great healer. And not giving up doesn't mean to say you have to be doing lots of things every day and pushing through - sometimes and very often with this thing it's the very opposite - it's being smart and giving yourself lots of rest and time and just removing yourself from stress as much as possible for a while to allow your body just to go through the recovery process.

Thinking about you and hang in there Madison - message any time and remember you WILL get through this and get FULLY better with time - truly I believe that given my own recovery experience and reading the recovery accounts of so many others who went through such a terrible time with this virus.

Craig

• Posted

I understand completely. Just when I think Kim improving, I have another 2 weeks of torture. I'm 6 months in and just trying to enjoy the good weeks and survive the bad. Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.