Still worried it isn't anxiety I don't know what it could be!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went to the hospital in Saturday night and was there until 3:30am. I had just about every symptom of a heart attack but when I got there I had my second electrodiagram (ECG) and they didn't give me further tests they just checked my oxygen levels and pulse as I'd already had a chest X-ray and ECG the last time I went. They said they're not worried so I went to the doctors today and again they said they think I will be fine. I am worried because one doctor said its anxiety and 2 others said they didn't know the cause of my pain!! I am getting pains down my left arm now and everyday it seems to be getting worse! I even get it in my jaw and neck now aswell as in my back and chest. I get every symptom of a heart attack and it's worrying me that they have misdiagnosed me because I'm only 15 and female..For the past few days I'm getting abdominal pain that feels like an aching/pain feeling and hurts when I breathe (I think) at the times I get the stomach pain it hurts/worsens when I press on it and found that all abdominal pain is an emergency but I don't know if I'm worrying myself even more. I don't even think it's anxiety but I'm not sure?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm male and kind of going through the same thing! Had an ecg today and been to Drs twice, they said I had costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartialage around sternum and rib areas, it definitely sucks! And the pain is terrible I use ice packs they seem to give a little temporary relief and anti inflams! Are you experiencing chest pain
    • Posted

Yeah really bad chest pain,it's in my hand now🙄I don't know what to believe!
    • Posted

I was told it could be that but do you get pains down your arms,neck,back etc...
    • Posted

Yeah I have also been getting pains in my stomach, back of neck, left arm , upper back and head aswell! Hope in some way this kind of helps! I have anxiety when it flares uo too like I know for a fact I do, it's. A scary pain that's why! Hope you are well
    • Posted

I do too,most days it's constant! I don't know how I can ever get rid of it and still think it's something serious! I hope you're well too
  • Posted

I was told it might be Costco but I have headache, middle chest stabbing pain, right side breat and lung pain, waist pain and so on.  I might be under HIV scare, I think it is all anxiety.  But I will try to get it checked out again.
    • Posted

I haven't actually been diagnosed with anxiety,I was just told it could be so I'm still worried it is something really serious and that I'm going to die! It's really bad and I have almost constant pains sad I hope you're well,if this is anxiety then it's horrible!
    • Posted

Yeah I haven't been diagnosed either but this injury defo brings it on for sure! Loafs of people on here say it, I suggest checking out some other posts on here, I did and it made me feel a lil better knowing I wasn't going crazy lol
    • Posted

I read them and feel better for a while but then I start worrying again. My mum is always telling me I don't need to go to the doctors or hospital again but I just need to😂Now I want blood tests and more X-rays Incase there is something else haha
  • Posted

Hey amy, I am a 26 year old female and I have been having these same symptoms. Doctors say that I am too young to have problems with my heart, but I can't fit it in my head that anxiety can be causing my body to be in so much pain, especially pain on just my left side. Everyone has tried to convince me that it's anxiety and as much as I want to believe I will not be convinced until they do every test possible to rule out my heart. You should do the same, yes you are young and most likely it's not you're heart, but it will relieve you to know 100% that it's not. Best of luck ♡
    • Posted

That's what they said to me but it's happened to many people. So I want every test which they won't give me because they just say they're not worried about it but I am and there's something new everyday. I hope everything goes well for you ❤️
  • Posted

hi

​went through all of these symptoms months ago, elbow pain was there for 6 weeks constant burning like pain, fingers same and chest, again thought heart attack, not to mention night sweats, nausea, dulling headaches all day, fear and dredd and a total feeling of too ill to live, now all gone mostly and feel so much better, the problem usually is the fact that when you have to do things you dont like , it brings on the symptoms, specialy when going to the DR.

once you understand anxiety it gets better, you treat it more like a bad cold rather than the big C word.take care

• Posted

M glad to know it got better. I really hope it's just anxiety but I've not had every test and doctors are saying different things. Some are saying they don't know what's wrong with me which makes me worry. Hopefully one day it goes away. Thankyou and I hope everything keeps getting better 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.