Stinging burning gullet and throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I've been suffering from acid reflux and heartburn for a number of years I only ever eat foods that are ok to eat with these problems I take daily PPI medication and zantac as well but its not controlling the problems, right now my gullet throat and even my mouth are burning stinging and feel very sore , I've had a endoscopy done three times and all they tell me is it looks ok and much be stress , because I care for my adult daughter she as epilepsy a very severe form so life is very stressful for me I have other health issues besides this I'm at my wits end I cant keep suffering this much longer its like a life of hell can anyone tell me if theses anything else I can do , and pleases done anyone comment with stop taking the ppi medication without it I would he dead I'm sure of that

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian. I feel for you . You seem to be having the normal treatment. I have had the operation and I have not improved but I would say worse as the op came apart. I suffer the same as you but when I had the camera down it did show erosions. I take PPIs along with Gaviscon which tends to help me. I did find that my body got used to a certain kind and ceased being effective so I was given another make. Might be worth a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.