stinging in eye after cataract surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my right eye cataract removal with IOL transplant. After six weeks of post operation medication completion of two eye drops and one ointment from 21st September to 9th November 2017, when I left using these medicines as per of doctor's advice, I feel frequent stinging in the eye at nose side extreme corner together with sometime pressure on right eye brow and little mucous but it subsides after some rest or after washing face with soap but is not fully recovering. What to do, please guide me. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had sting and goo in eye also.  Mine was from allergic reaction to eye drops and had to switch.  I believe it was the antibiotic drop. 
    • Posted

Thanks steve24102 for sharing your experience with me. I think for me also same reason, did you fully recover later which I pray and hope you do, and if yes what did you do. I am not taking any further medicine to counter this problem with a hope it will subside automatically after some time, am I right ? Please give some suggestion.
    • Posted

I switched the eye drop type and next day good and burning went away. Original one was a gel like white, next one was a clear drop.  I had to do clear drop 1 more time per day.  No big deal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.