Stinging in throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi does Any some of you guys get stinging in chest and throat I've had this problem come on after eating a jacket potato with grated cheese it felt like it shot up my throat suddenly no heartburn just does stinging from chest up to throat its looking very red now how can I stop the stinging water makes it worse

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HELLO YES I GET STINGING IN THROAT WHICH EXTENDS FURTHER DOWN, SORT OF LIKE SORE THROAT. MAKES ME FEEL REALLY ILL BUT FIND TAKING GAVISCON OR PEPTICLIQUID HELPS STRAIGHT AFTER EATING? ALSO HAVE TO IDENTIFY FOODS THAT TRIGGER THIS PROBLEM. IVE ALSO BEEN PRESCRIBED OMEPRAZOLE TWICE DAILY. IF YOU HAVE T BEEN TO DOCTOR, I WOULD ADVISE YOU DO SO THEY CAN IDE TIFY YOUR PROBLEM.

GOOD LUCK

• Posted

hi collies I have tried Gaviscon i find it makes the sting worse I Do take a PPI medication that my doctor prescribed for me in fact I've tried different ones I've had a camera put down three times and been told I make acid because of stress and I've also got divicula of the small bowel but every so often I get this really distressing stinging and burning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.