Stinging Pain on Rib Cage

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone get a stinging burning pain on their ribcage I went to the doctor and had it checked out she seems to think its muscle pain on the right ribcage when I have it I also have the sensation of being able to feel every rib on that side. Everyday something new I've had this on and off now for about 6 months and wondered if it might be nerve pain as heat doesn't help it but ice does.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you still have your gallbladder?
    • Posted

yes I do they have checked and rechecked it and everything comes back good ...I have had gastritis before which was under the right side ribcage but this seems to be on top of the ribs and in between the ribs ..the doctor says muscular I think maybe nerve endings
    • Posted

hormones cause inflammation, so look up anti-inflammatory diet online.  I had all of these pains, ribs etc.  Changing my diet has improved  these type of symptoms,
    • Posted

I will definatly look this up thanks so much ...wow what a hellish journey this is
  • Posted

I will have to agree with metamorphed then. I would try that. These dang hormones! Anything is possible
    • Posted

the one thing that gives me hope is that i was speaking with an older lady yesterday and she told me oh those darn hormones cause so much trouble but believe it will end eventually and then you can start living your life again...she said just keep that in mind to help you get through ...so I'm trying ...here's to us all one day being finally done with all of this smile

• Posted

Thank you thank you for sharing that. I will take any sliver of hope I can't get right now😊

• Posted

I really should screen shot this so I can look at it on those really dark days bc I will prob forget. Lol
  • Posted

Hi

I'm not glad that you're having rib problems but so glad it's not just me. My rib pains occur one side or both sides sometimes front sometimes back sometimes side I've noticed tonight that they're quite tender and a little hard to the touch I am

un diagnosed as yet as my gp is less than useless. I've bought some of the fsh kits online going to do these on my next monthly whenever that arrives haha and am speaking to the really nice nurse practitioner on Thursday to discuss all symptoms and hopefully get some answers

Hope you feel better soon xxx

• Posted

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this too but happy that I am not alone ...my are usually on the right side but I get a light touch of it on the left sometimes as well it goes right around the ribcage all along the edge of the ribs and in between them too ...frustrating ...I read about costochondritis which is an inflammation of the rib cartilege and it sounds just like this ...ice works for me ...I also have tons of gas under my ribcage as well ...hope you get some answers please keep us updated

• Posted

I hate to say it, but my gp is also a waste of my time and money. I am going to talk to the NP at my GYN office more next time I go. She is more my age and at least listens
  • Posted

I don't have the burning in the ribs but I do experience very warm feeling in my arm at times it comes and goes

• Posted

I wonder if the pain you are describing is the same pain I have in the kidney area? And I do have in the front also, but always along the bottom of my ribs. I don't have pain between my ribs. Hmmm

• Posted

just saw this and had to share lol wishing everyone a great weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.