Stinging scars

Posted , 10 users are following.

It's 3 weeks since my stitches were removed and foot redressed. The long scar from the scarf procedure is stinging more and more and also feels really tender when I touch the side of my foot, even over the padding and bandage (and no, I've not been standing for hours or overdoing it) and I've started taking painkillers again. Is this quite normal?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jaynie

Like you I had really bad stinging/burning scar which was so tender to touch for 6 weeks, it hurt if anything touched it, sleeping was  a nightmare let alone wearing socks etc. I am 7 weeks post op now and a week ago I started using a product called Forever Aloe Vera Gelly, I use it 2 or 3 times a day everyday, just a pea sized amount. I have no burning/sting sensation at all now and the tenderness is almost gone too. I am amazed by how much it has helped in a week so  I will continue to use it for the next 3 months, it works on healing the scar inside and out. You can order it online. I really can't sing it's praises enough. A week ago I was at the point of wanting to chop my foot off! It's £15 including p&p if you order it online. An aquaintance of mine told me about it, his wife used it when she had toe surgery a couple of years ago, they were so impressed with it they became consultants for the company to sell the products here in the UK. smile If you want to order direct from them I can send you their weblink x

• Posted

Hi Beanie. Thank you for the recommendation. Parts of the scar are still really tender so I'll take your advice. I know someone who is also a consultant for aloe vera products, possibly the same range, so will get on with it. I used a bed cradle to keep the duvet off my foot; I tried without once the pin was removed on Friday but quickly reverted to using it, ouch. Yours sounded unbearably sore so glad to hear it's improving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.