Stint?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was just wondering if the leave stints in when you leave the hospital after PCNL surgery? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee, I left the hospital with the stent which was placed when I was under, had the stent for one week, that probably was the worst for me. The operation went better then I ever expected , I had a great surgeon. Good Luck
    • Posted

Hi Barbara 

Thank you for your help. How was the stint removed? Was it painful?

• Posted

Dre first they sent in the nurse, she numb me and prep me before my surgeon came in. I felt the pressure , but no pain. I was one happy lady having that stent removed.
  • Posted

Hi Dee sometimes they leave stents in I just have a drain pipe in that they took out last night put a bag it but needs emptying and as it's at back you can't do it yourself 😔

• Posted

it depends how long you are in hospital.

I had PCNL in December last year in Southmead at Bristol.

I live 70 miles away and live on my own.

So because I had a catheter in for 3 days and a stent in for a week they kept me in hospital.

They took stent out while I was awake.

I did say "OW" but it was not that bad really and soon over with.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.