stitch pain started 9 weeks after hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I have a stitch pain that has started 9 weeks after hysterectomy. Left hand more in side and lower back than where op was. Went to Gp and not kidney infection. This is my first week back on full 10 hr shifts so don't know if it's that. Went back to 7 weeks of work been left even though they supposedly had someone acting up to my job 😕 it's not a physical job but it has stressed me. I have sort of forgotten I had op and carrying on as normal lifting things so worried I've done something. Don't see hospital until end August for my first proper check up after op. Any one had the same?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Froggy. How did you get on? Are you ok now?
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks for your reply, I think it was me doing too much on top of stressing about work which is probably hightened without any hormones. I don't have any pain in op location though I do ache in general and as you know memory I'd definitely not what it used to be. I think I just need to adjust to the different me 😉
    • Posted

That's a good positive way to think about it, Froggy. Something I am doing, too.

I guess you have to think (especially reading how bad other women are suffering) that it could be a whole lot worse.

I count my blessings that I am (so far!) not suffering much. x

• Posted

My main thing that I had to get through was no more children. Even though I didn't necessarily plan to have any more the option being taken away hit me but not til after op! My main concern is my weight gain. I think I need to plan a treat so I have something to work towards to be extra good as the just cutting back no longer works. I'm hoping the steroids are a reason and it won't keep piling on when I stop them
    • Posted

Yes, that's very final when they take everything away. It's a real smack in the face to know you can no longer have any kids.

I find when I have to lose some weight, its all or nothing. Cutting down doesn't work for me, either. But I used to have a little treat after my Friday Weigh-In. But only then.

Do sateroids make you gain wiehgt then? I have no knowledge of steroids.

• Posted

It's listed as one of side effects but on top of losing estrogen I guess it could be combination. Kids being on school hols prob means I've been picking more too but no different to any other years. How long has it been for you since op? I still get swell belly but I thought that would have stopped by now (12 weeks)?
    • Posted

I don't seem to have had swelly belly at all. I had a vertical cut, so maybe that makes a difference?

I was 5 weeks on saturday (22nd). Seem to be healing just fine - doing lots of walking, but not lifting or pulling.

The thing that is holding me back is having a pain in the top of my thigh/buttock ever since op. Sometimes it goes down to my knee. really stopping me walking properly, and now its effecting my foot. I walk dogs for a living, so its getting me down rather.

Not sure if its nerve damage from the op, or something else. frown

• Posted

I had on and off sciatica after op but gone now. Think it has something to do with position laid in whilst having op. Keep an eye on it but I was told taking ibuprofen relaxes muscles and can help. Hope that's all it is. I had lap so was filled with gas but thought it would have gone by now.
    • Posted

I had abdominal...vertical cut.

I did wonder if it was the position they put you in whilst operating.

Will go back on the Diclofenac and see if it gets any better. Hope its like yours and goes over time. Driving me nuts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.