Stitches appearing

Posted , 6 users are following.

A couple of inner stitches are appearing on my knee scar.  The knee has been very sensitive and even more so this last couple of days, when I looked this morning there appears to be a grey line showing, showed my granddaughter and she said it is inner stitches.  Don't scratch  it just wait till they break the surface , then pull out and put an antiseptic dressing on.

15 weeks PO

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I had a few inner stitches come through the skin, I was told not to pull them out by the physio - just leave well alone & they go back in again!
  • Posted

Flamin Nora how odd is that??? IF IT int one thing its another!!! I got a distinct dint below my knee last night but its gone this morning lol
  • Posted

Hazel I have the same issue. The first one my husband pulled out. Another one showed up. I am trying to leave it alone. The problem I have now my knee scar is so sensitive and it getting numb on left side of knee again.
    • Posted

My knee is so sensitive, its  tingling like an itch...  I am actually took a couple of paracetamols last night.  I also slept better, didn't need to get up but woke changed sides and went back to sleep again.
    • Posted

Its still early days for you then. My op was 5.3.15 and my scar is still sensitive and I cant wear jeans???
  • Posted

I had inner stitches burst through twice but it was after 3-4 weeks. I went to the orthopaedic clinic at my hospital and they trimmed them for me. After only a week, the skin had grown back over them. I was told NOT to pull on them as I could do serious damage. There is still a chance of infection as its allowing air to access the joint. Don't do anything to them yourself. Better to be safe x
    • Posted

Thanks Kathryn,  Notice taken.  I can see them under the skin but they have not broken through yet.
    • Posted

It looks like someone has drawn a stright line in grey ink whioch is under the skin. neutral

Just been to have a tummy scan as all the meds upset my liver, no lumps or bumps spotted so another blood test needed in a week to confirm all OK!

I also got told off for walking too fast by my hubby this morning after the hospital visit...maybe I was over the moon plus the sunshine...nice day so far.

• Posted

I have what looks like a stitch poking through my scar,I am seeing consultant tommorow for my discharge appt (hopefully !)I am going to ask about this, so I will post and let you know,best wishes
  • Posted

Hi Hazel , I have asked my surgeon this afternoon about a similar problem with my own knee,He said it is indeed internal stitches which have not yet dissolved.He has trimmed off the bit which was poking throught the surface, the remainder which I can see below the skin, will dissolve in time but he reckons it can be as long as 6 months in some cases,I hope this has reassured you ! best wishes
    • Posted

Thanks very much Dotty, the things they don't tell you can happen...

Best Wishes

• Posted

well still more to torment me today, another area which had previously given little bother now feels as if something is sticking in on the inside ! everyday seems to bring something new ! best wishes to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.