Stitches from mole removal, look normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

10 days ago I had a mole removed from dermatologist. In 3 days I'm getting the stitches out. I just noticed that it looks like a couple popped out or either the skin is growing over the stitches. Does this look normal? located in pubic region just below my c-section scar.

imageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

also, do you think dermatologist did a crappy job?

• Posted

You may have one long oversew stitch rather than separate stitches. I'm looking at that knot on the end. It may pull out in one go.

All wounds like this look a bit untidy, but when the stitches come out the skin can start to relax and heal better.

Dont pick at it and keep it dry . You may have a tiny bit of local infection there,but that should clear up when the stitch[es] come out.

• Posted

thank you for the reply, your making me feel better! 😃

• Posted

I think it looks fine.. I had 5 stitches from a cyst I had on my side boob. I thought that too he did a crappy job BUT I think they all look like this. I thought when I had my stitches the bandage stayed on itself for two days.. Then when it came off I applied antibiotic ointment and my own band-aid. After the stitches came out I started applying that maderma stuff. I don't see a difference but the doctor told me to use it afterwards.

• Posted

ok thanks, and i still have some mederma from other scar

• Posted

Hi if the Mederma was opened and used some time ago,dont use it on this scar. You run the risk of introducing infection. Better to keep the wound dry.

• Posted

ok, here is what it looks like now, i thought it would have looked nicer. image

• Posted

Give it a chance...it will gradually fade and lose the redness....just like your C section scar.

If you want a mole removed and not leave a scar then you need plastic surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.