Stitches out hard cast 3 more weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good evening,

So I got the stitches out which hurt like heck. I'm in a cast for 3 more weeks right now the cast feels a little tight the doctor said because it's fresh. If anyone had the cast change to the full cast and it was tight how long before it gets a little loose? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I just got mine . 8-7-17 . It feels tighter than the one they put on after surgery. That one had gotten loose . I keep mine elivated most of the time . Mine will move a little bit on my leg .
    • Posted

Thanks for the update Susan I'm going to do my best to stay in the bed tomorrow totally elevated. My ankle is still swollen by the incision like a know and it's hard the doctor said it's normal. I'm going to put a cast protective on tomorrow and just sit in the tub. August 30th is not going to come fast enough.

• Posted

It will loosen up  , I had  my hard cast put on Monday 8/7/17. It felt tight at first but the swelling must go down. Elevate and keep resting
    • Posted

Great I go back 8/21/17. Doctor told me I will be getting the boot and using little amount of pressure also star with physical therapy.
  • Posted

I just had my staple out today on both sides of my ankle. It also hurt pretty bad. But it's done and I feel better about the healing now. Fortunately for me my doctor gave me the option to go with a cast or a boot so I chose the boot. It is tighter, but I can adjust it. If your cast still feels too tight or you notice your toes changing colour or a tingling sensation I would call the doctor. For me my swelling greatly went down just a couplebweeks after surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.