Stomach

Posted , 3 users are following.

For 15 plus years I suffer with hard firmness in my upper abdomen. The exact location is 3/4 inches above belly button. In the morning it's hardly noticeable, however by the end of the day my upper abdomen is massive. This happens constantly everyday and sometimes it will ache and ease with eating. I've no weight loss or blood in stools etc. Anyone know what this is? Also I am overweight but not obese. Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try cutting out gluten to see if that is the cause of the bloating and try a food diary to see if any other food is the culprit.  Also see your doctor for tests.
  • Posted

I have IBS but my doctor says to report any stomach issues when accompanied with hardness guide nothing much wrong as long as soft  stomach tell doctor about hardness.

hope this helps.

Tracy.

• Posted

Thanks.

I have been to my doctor several times and had bloods stool samples ultrasound, doctors say IBS, Functional dyspepsia. I had this condition for over 15 years. I have told them about the bloating hardness above the belly button they have prodded and checked many times. Was wondering if anyone else suffers with this?

• Posted

When you get abdominal bloating due to gas, your abdomen will increase in size and may feel hard or tight.
  • Posted

Yes my stomach is always soft but gets worse as the day goes on. Its rock hard by the end of the day. What Im puzzled about is why is it always upper abdoman bloating . Is this where the transverse colon is. ?
    • Posted

The only information I can find is that the tranverse colon sits just below the stomach and liver.  I can’t find any info that indicates whether this is the upper or lower stomach.  I cannot attach a picture which would illustrate this better because the usual way of attaching photos has disappeared.  If you google images of the colon, you will be able to get a better idea.  Sorry I can’t help more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.