Stomach Ache

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can you help? For the past 10 days I have been experiencing either an ache or cramping pain in my stomach after eating meals, but only during the day. I also sometimes have a pressure feeling around the area of my sternum (Indigestion?). I don't have the pain during the night or wake up with pain in the morning. I sometimes feel nauseous or that my stomach is full. I'm probably going to the toilet more than usual but do not have any diarrhea. Could I have IBS, an ulcer or food intolerance? I’m 45 years old. Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like acid indigestion. See dr and gets some PPI a x
  • Posted

I doubt ulcer, could be ibs, I would keep a note of what food you eat, you could have a slight inflammination. Just be cautious and avoid heavy foods and alcohol for a while. Read up on strengthen your gut (stomach lining). It's good you notice now, it could get worst in future. Good luck.
  • Posted

Dear Stuart,

This is a situation where I would want to make an appointment with my GP to get an accurate diagnosis. It would seem to an untrained person like myself that you have the symptoms of IBS but you cannot assume this without being properly diagnosed.

I have IBS and I must  avoid wheat, milk, cheese, citrus fruit, coffee, alcohol, fats and oils, and of course fizzy drinks because many of them contain sorbital.

The problem is Stuart, we are all different and IBS seems to come with a range of different symptoms. If you are diagnosed with IBS you will need to keep a food diary and find out what foods cause flare ups for you.

I also had a stomach ulcer when I was 26 and although it was pain the GP sent me for a barium meal test at the hospital where it was confirmed and then gave me some medicine which cleared it up in a few days.

Get checked out by your GP, it's the safest way forward.

Hope you have an enjoyable Christmas.

Best regards

Robert

• Posted

Hi Stuart it's lettie! I have the same problem my stomach hurts really bad right after I eat but mine does wake me up at night even if I don't eat in the middle right underneath my rib cage it makes me throw up it makes me want to go to the restroom a lot but I don't have diarrhea I have really bad cramping have you tried keeping a list of what you eat me! I've had my problem for like 20 30 years.. I did have a stomach problem three years ago but they can fix it but this they don't know what it is.. I'm 50. R u under a lot of stress sometimes stress causes stomach pain? Good luck smile lettie
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies. I failed to mention that i went to see my GP last week, who after examining me advised me to come back in 4 weeks if the pain continued. she did mention IBS. Today has been a better day without pain, just feeling a bit bloated and some pressure under my breast bone this morning. I don't understand what causes that.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.