Stomach ache after eating

Posted , 73 users are following.

For about 3-4 weeks now I have been getting a stomach ache after I eat anything and it feels like it's progressively getting harder to handle (or I am just getting fed up with it). It doesn't matter to seem how much I eat or what I eat I still get this stomach ache. It usually occurs about an hour/hour half after I have eaten and lasts another 2 hours before slowly stating to settle. If I haven't eaten already in the day I feel absolutely fine, no stomach ache, no weariness, no problems, even after I have eaten it's fine until the hour later. Once I have the stomach ache it slowly is a full ache then kicks in with quite bad pain. It's bearable but I am loosing concentration at work and getting easily distracted by it. When I'm at home I lie down and this seems to help a bit but I usually fall asleep. Before it gets better there are a lot of noises that come from my stomach/bowel (not sure which) then it seems to get better. If anyone can help me with any ideas that would be great, I'm starting to think it's an ulcer possibly or something along them lines. I doubt it's IBS as I mentioned it happens after every meal from a ham salad to a roast dinner. I also haven't been getting any diarrhoea or noticeable constipation. I feel like I am burping a bit more but it might just be because I am looking out for anything related to my stomach. I occasionally feel sick but I think that's more from the pain than what's actually going on inside me. I've only thrown up once from it but that was a bit more forced as it was when I first got this problem and thought I might of had a bug. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

7 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Actually 28yrs of my life i have never had issue with my stomach before till just 4 days when i had sleepless night and decide to see a dr. It happened i have a curve in my spine after the x-ray. I can go without food and i will be fine or just eat a little. But after the medicine the dr gave me i have not smile again. My back pain is gone and my stomach is like there's a fire in it. keeps burning and burning after when i eat. These are the list of medicine i was giving for my back pain NAT B,CIPROFLOXACIN,CATAFLAM,OSTEO ALL,DORETA,FLOTAC,SIRDALUD AND MEFRAM. I complained to dr and he said it's not ulcer but it's reactions from the medicines above. I'm thinking of suing him. Please advice.
    • Posted

I am not a doctor but I hope your doctor is not prescribing all that at one time.  Those are multiple Naproxen prescriptions, etc.  Also Naproxen is known for upsetting the stomach (esp. over long periods and should be taken with food).  Cipro is an antibiotic, is very strong and can upset your stomach too.  I would highly suggest a new doctor or at least a second or third opinion!
  • Posted

I have the same problem jay66286 I really want to know what it is BC I go to school and I eat then I don't feel good for the rest of the day and its every time I eat and no one believes me I'm so happy I found someone with the same problem as me
  • Posted

I have the same problem jay66286 I really want to know what it is BC I go to school and I eat then I don't feel good for the rest of the day and its every time I eat and no one believes me I'm so happy I found someone with the same problem as me
  • Posted

Have you looked into celiacs. I had the same issues recently and ct scan showed small intestine/ duodenum swelling. Aka enteritis, which is classic for celiacs disease. Stay away from wheat barley and rye. Eat natural foods only, like meats vegetables, corn and rice. Packages that say gluten free are ok too.
  • Posted

Hi all,

I have the same symptons as Jay described & literally in pain as soon as I eat.

I do get the urge to go to loo and have loose motions.

I am trying to keep a food & symptons diary just in case its intollerance.

However, I doubt that. 

Awaiting GP appointment - please keep me posted. 

• Posted

hi jay 

i have the same condition as you, pain after eating i expirince for about a week until now. at first i cant discharge normally, i was thinking that i had a constipation, then i decided to stop eating those process foods and meats, and io started eating vegetables and fruits in my break time at work. but the pain is still but not too aggressive, and still theres a noises. the discharge is quite normal, but the doesnt crushed all particles. Like you, i dont whats happening insides me..

im adrian,22y'o

• Posted

Did this happen after eating anywhere particular? I have been having the same problems for about a month. But, they didn't start until after eating at a particular fast food place. Seems to be getting worse. Not really sure what else to do...

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms that you have and it is progressively getting worse. I eat only crackers soaked in broth and water. I am scheduled for a hida scan next week and endoscopy in two weeks. I have lost roughly 12 pounds in 25 days. I refuse to eat because the pain is unbearable. i burp so hard at times i throw up. I can only sleep on my back, if I sleep on either side, I get pain.
    • Posted

Hi Brandy,

It turned out I had stomach ulcer which was solved by having tablets to get rid of it. It went within a few days thankfully. Hopes this helps you guys who are also struggling.

Sorry for the late replies, my messages go to an old email address.

• Posted

I am not a doctor. I had every test under the sun.

It turned out I had endometriosis (look it up on the internet if you are a Female) and pelvic and abdominal adhesions, which anyone who has ever had surgery (appendicitis, hernia, c-section) in the additional or pelvic area can develop. Difficult to diagnose except with laporscopic exploration/surgery.

I would suggest looking into that as well.

It was a long journey for me. I live in the USA and most doctors just want to give you drugs or send you to a phychiatrist.

I suggest you get a complete gynecological exam (if you are a woman) and a complete gastrointestinal exam.

If they find nothing, an exploratory laparoscopy will reveal if there is any scar tissue interfering with your digestion.

Good luck and you have my sincerest wishes for finding your remedy and excellent doctor as soon as possible. Don't give up. There is likely a medical explanation.

• Posted

I had pains after eating .it was trapped wind .i eat slowly now no drink with meals .and my portions are smaller hope it helps
  • Posted

Go see a naturopath, ive been having stomach pain for a year doctors couldnt find anything. Its been 2 weeks since I seen a naturopath and its improved so much almost gone. He gave me a mix or herbal drops and minerals smile

• Posted

Having the same problem the Docs keep saying acid reflux, and changing the antacid finally drew blood after the 4th trip to check my pancreas still waiting for lab results. More active I am the worse the pain is top abdomen and left side nothing helps but to vomit every thing out and not eating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.