Stomach ache daily 2years. Flat stools, pain/blockage in lower left ab

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I am 59 year old male. I don't smoke, drink alcohol, soft drinks, coffee. I am thin and muscular. I eat good food, which is mainly chicken and veggies. fruits. My stomach does not tolerate too many things anymore. I am a very active person, cycling, drumming, walking. There seems to be some kind of blockage like almost 2 inches lower left of my navel. There is always pain in that area and I always am in discomfort and after meals the pain worsens. It feels like a muscular problem like a hernia that is causing the blockage, but nothing can be felt by poking around. When I lay down it helps the circulation, because I can hear the trapped gasses gurgling. when this first started, if I lay on my right side, I feel alot of pain in my left side, starting from my back side,under my ribs, traveling to the front area, where the painful spot is. Now when I lay on my right side, it seems to aliviate the gasses in the trapped area. My first bowel movement in the morning is now more or less normal, but the second comes out flat, like a carpenters pencil. I have been taking stool softeners and it helps, but the second and sometimes third bowel movement s always are flat. I have had many blood tests and cat scans, ultrasound. they can't find anything, like tumors or a hernia. When I eat a bit of sugar like a few cookies, it seems to make the problem worse. I also have a chronic muscle cramping problem in my legs and arms for over ten years now. maybe it's related? Please excuse the long winded message, but I am sick of having a stomach ache everyday for years. I am hoping that by explaining as much as possible, someone may be able to give me a clue as to what is going on. Thank You!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.