Stomach ache/gas for a week. Scared, please help

Posted , 1 user is following.

on 12/9/18 (a week ago today) i had diarrhea a couple of times and then for the next 6 days i have had gas issues/stomach pains. the gas just seems to move around and occasionally come out (not often enough, hence the pain) and i have had small, thin, and soft bowel movements (not enough in my opinion). this has triggered my anxiety and now i have been making the mistake of googling my symptoms and i come to the worst conclusions such as bowel cancer or stomach cancer and i am terrified. my fiancee thinks i am fine and i talked to my step brother who is about to start residency and he thinks its just a GI bug or something like that. i am convinced otherwise just because i dont ever remember feeling like this for this long. can someone please put my mind at ease? i have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday but i am terrified. am i just overreacting or is this justifiable fear? PLEASE HELP! 😭

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.