Stomach aches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been dealing south the menopause hell fir over a year..post meno.. started BHRT about 7 weeks ago.. also vitamins D and B12, as well as DIM supplement... A few days ago I started having pretty significant stomach pain and going to the bathroom a lot didn't really help much. And not having it constantly every day but I'll have a period of pretty bad pain every day..

Anybody else? Is this the menopause pr a combination of all the supplements possibly or the BHRT itself?

blah..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi JReady64,

It could just be fluctuating hormones affecting your bowels. In menopause and peri menopause it is very common to experience bowel changes, flatulence, bloating, constipation, loose stools, etc. All of these things occur because the receptor sites for estrogen and progesterone are in the digestive tract. So when our hormones are off it results in our stomach going haywire too, unfortunately. Hope this helps. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

• Posted

Hi sharcerv...

Your comment makes so much sense! you seem really well read about the menopause 😉

• Posted

Yes, a GI doctor told me this once. He said that it's very common for women in menopause to have digestive issues. He said he had patients like that who were having the same issue.

• Posted

It all makes perfect sense! When I was having periods I always got a bit of an upset stomach at the onset of a period, I did think it was connected but never put it down to hormones, so hormonal changes at any stage of the menopause causing digestive problems really does make sense. I'm sure if we got this common sense info right from puberty about all the aspects of how a womans body works, most of us wouldn't worry about most of the symptoms!! I am now a strong believer in the fact that symptoms of the menopause can carry on well after the menopause, I still have feeling down days that come from nowhere and then just lift just as they did when I was having periods, not sure if my symptoms will ever go away completely but they are a part of me and I just live with them 😃

• Posted

Yes, the symptoms of menopause do carry on past menopause. A Gyn told me that. She said that some symptoms will disappear while others will still be present but just at a sometimes more subtle manner. My mother had a best friend who is now deceased and I remember telling her about my symptoms and she told me that she still got heat flashes and she was 88 at the time . My mom gets dizzy spells and anxiety attacks still and she is 87. So, yes these symptoms do linger afterwards, unfortunately. 🙄

• Posted

To be honest it's kind of comforting to know that it's not just me imagining symptoms, they genuinely can and do continue well after the menopause, they are subtler but still real especially the bouts of heightened anxiety and brain fog, but it is all livable (in my case) thank you sharcerv, I love reading your informative comments xx

• Posted

Hi J, I have ibs,,, MY STOMACH PAIN CAN BE OFF THE SCALE,, For hours on end when it gets bad at night i use a heating pad to sleep, The ibs started in peri,, and it flares off and on sometimes for weeks,, relaxation and meditation also helps and just telling yourself over and over it will be ok,, My doctor told me they are colon spasms,, different foods can also effect you chocolate, beef, caffiene these are some of my trigger... I also get alot of D and Constipation,, If it continues i would see the doctor because i have also had H Pylory as a trigger and you have to take something for this, It is an infection... HOPE THIS HELPS...XXX

• Posted

I've been dealing with menopause for several years and here latley I have been feeling like a pinch which I sometimes I feel in my arm at the same time and it's not everyday but it happens. Don't know if yours feels the same. I do know that menopause SUCKS!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.