Stomach acid

Posted , 4 users are following.

I haven’t taken my tablet today because last night my stomach felt like it was on fire and was so sore. It still feels a bit like that now. Is that normal? last time I had this feeling it was before I found out I had gall stones. X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven't personally had fire in my stomach but for the first few weeks I definitely had stomach issues, diarrhea gurgling, gas pain, and a few other issues, but they have been slowly getting better as the days go on. Sertraline is a good medicine but it sure has a bunch of side effects, good news is they get better with time. 

• Posted

Hiya, I get it on my head and back of throat, apparently its normal, but eased in time..
  • Posted

Oh I know your pain! I had it so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. But it was acid buildup. That’s when I went to 100 mg.  But it does get better. 
    • Posted

It’s so horrible. I swear all the side effects make me more worried than I was before haha x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.