Stomach and abdominal pains

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, id be interested to know what stomach or digestive problems anyone else is having?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

At my worst, I had bad diarrhea. That lasted about a week. My enlarged spleen was uncomfortable in the abdomen area. These days (3 months in), I get bloated easily, but having normal bowels.

• Posted

My digestive system has been a mess from this virus. Some days are better than others .

• Posted

yes im in the bathroom nonstop most of the day without being too graphic .... this virus messes with your whole system

• Posted

i get a really intense pain in my right upper thats there most of the time. docs say liver and gallbladder are ok (alt is very slightly elevated) sometimes food eases it and sometimes in the evening it eases a little on its own but there is always a pain there. im wondering whether the bloating or trapped gas could create this much pain constantly in the same place? also if i dont eat very regularly i feel terrible. ive not been sick at all but i dont seem to be digesting food completely. has anyone had similar?

• Posted

i just have absolutely no appetite but i make myself eat and have to force down food .thay sounds like indigestion try not to worry too much about it . keep eating small amounts often ... that seems to get me through the day . helps with energy too.

• Posted

Has completely messed with my stomach. I kinda suffered from IBS before this, albeit never diagnosed, but I always have an upset tummy when I wake up in the morning and have to visit the toilet several times. But yes I get tummy aches too...more so since I've been ill. They do say your stomach is your 2nd brain which is probably part the reason why feel so unwell.

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

I remember having some weird aches and pains around the stomach / chest area when going through mono, which I know can be very normal due to the glands and spleen in that area. It does sound feasible and normal to have digestive issues too as this virus can wreak so much havoc in your whole system I know, it really is awful. Taking a probiotic per day can really help as it gives good bacteria and flora into the stomach area and peppermint they also say is good for the stomach and digestion I think. Hoping you are feeling much better soon and hang in there Ashley - you will get through this and get better I truly believe it.

Craig

• Posted

I think I spoke too soon, LOL.

The last two days I've been plagued with awful bloating and gas. Not typical for me. It's very uncomfortable and I'm so bloated that I look pregnant.

• Posted

Oh Jen I do hope so much that these bloating symptoms settle down soon and that your sleep pattern can improve. Goodness knows it must be so frustrating - just want to remind you that you will get through this and get better. This kind of phase around 3 months in or so, from my own experience I would refer to it as the 'eye of the storm', almost the worst part to get through because you are so tired of it going on so long and still coming to terms with it all yet not seeing much improvement. But that phase does pass Jen, believe me it doesn't stay that way forever, even though it feels like it and every day can feel like the most uphill battle in that phase I know. So just be kind to yourself and just don't look far ahead and know that you will feel better again and won't have to cope with feeling this way in the longer term, I do hope, pray and believe that given my own experience and reading the way its went for many others too. You WILL get better Jen, I am convinced of that.

Craig

• Posted

I would say that I have IBS (undiagnosed) however the first 6 weeks with Mono I had diarrhea. I started taking a good probiotic and it made a big difference. If you decide to get a probiotic, make sure that it is one that is refrigerated. Those are the best for you.

I also started taking a B Complex (twice a day), Vitamin C (1000mg) in the AM then PM, 5000Units of Vitamin D with a Fish Oil and a Reservatrol at about 6 weeks and at about 8 weeks I started feeling much better. Always took them with food. Also, I drank a lot of water.

Hoping your felling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.