Stomach and bowel issues for the past year

Posted , 1 user is following.

hiya i dont know if anyone can help but im literally at breaking point, a year ago I woke up one day with severe nausea and felt extremely unwell, I wasn't sick and bowels were fine but I stopped eating as I just constantly felt sick to the point I couldn't eat, this went on for a good few months by this point I had dropped 2 stone in weight and felt so poorly, I then started off by forcing little amounts to get back into eating properly and since September I've been eating properly but with very little weight gain, during this whole time I've had test upon test which have all been clear, mri scan, ct scan, gastroscopy, barium swallow, chest x ray and nothing has been found..the only thing that's been off is my bilirubin levels they have been higher than they should be but consultant isn't concerned, fast forward to now and the nausea has eased quite a bit but I just feel unwell all the time, I eat and have the worst pain searing through my muscles I feel like I have flu, I have frequent lower backache which can be excruciating, going for a bowel movement makes me feel violently ill for the whole day, I get loss of appetite, things that usually taste nice don't, getting constipation quite abit it's mainly the body aches all over that are frustrating me, no tummy pain atal I just get searing pain all in my muscles and then feel tired and drained. I wake up feeling like this and go to bed feeling like it, I also get alot of burning in my lower stomach and this really horrible yucky inside my body feeling. just wondered if anyone has experienced this, the consultant is clueless and I just can't cope anymore I want to be able to eat and feel normal.

thank you

sarah

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.