Stomach and upper right abdominal pain, blood in stool. What is it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

It started about three weeks ago after I consumed an overly greasy pizza. I thought someone had poisoned me or that I’d suddenly come down with an illness. My stomach and upper right abdomen hurt unbearably and I felt dizzy and nauseous. After a few hours, I was left with pressure on my right side and dull pain in my stomach, both of which have lasted theee weeks. For about a week now, I’ve had darker and darker stools, which is starting to worry me. What could be wrong?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Maybe have your gallbladder checked? GB attacks can happen after eating greasy foods and my first one ever gave me severe abdominal pain that built up over 10ish hours before I went to the hospital and at that point, I could barely walk because of the pain and it had to my shoulder and neck. Very bad nausea. Was diagnosed with gallstones. 
  • Posted

Possible gall bladder attach after heavy greasy foods may also have ulcers see a gastrointologist and get an upper done

• Posted

Sounds like a novice pizza worker did not wash his or her hands and passed something viral on to you. Have it checked out immediately as it could get worse.
  • Posted

See your doctor and ask for an ultrasound and endoscopy.  These tests will help to diagnose what is wrong.
  • Posted

Thank you all for your responses! I already had an endoscopy done and it found that I have I have inflammatory cells in my intestine and chronic acid reflux, although this was definitely before the current symptoms started. I believe the pain was caused by my gallbladder since the pain started around 10 minutes after I ate the pizza. The main thing I was worried about was the pressure in my side that continued afterwards. Is that normal for a gallbladder attack? And would blood in my stool also be normal?
    • Posted

Blood in your stool is not normal unless it has been caused by haemorrhoids or fissures.   It  should be investigated.  A HIDA scan would check gallbladder function.  Your problem may be gastritis.  Were the inflammatory cells inflammation of the stomach lining?
    • Posted

No, they were in my small intestine. The doctors tested for celiac disease and that came back negative. I have a systemic nickel allergy that causes anaphylaxis, though. They suspect that that is the culprit for the inflammation. They didn’t find any inflammation in my stomach. 
    • Posted

Try a food diary to see if you have any other food problems and avoid pizza since it caused pain.  The other possibility could be a simple intolerance to fatty foods rather than gallbladder trouble.  I had a fatty food intolerance.for years linked to GERD.  I couldn’t eat fry ups, olive oil, chips and anything with batter on it without nausea or vomiting.  I could feel the fat lying undigested in my stomach.  Now I can eat all these foods again provided the chips haven’t been cooked in lard.  The only fatty food I still can’t eat is salame.  Occasionally, I have had the intolerance to fry ups when I have had a severe IBS attack which is rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.