Stomach bloated + diaphragm tightness. Anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about two weeks now my stomach has been bloated and I've had constipation... I took senna to clear my system out but my stomach is still bloated and I think the constipation is coming back. And now I have tightness in my diaphram. The stomach bloating is making it hard to breath. Am I crazy. My one doctor said it's stress/anxiety but I'm afraid that it's something more serious. Obviously IBS is a possibility too, but is bloating 24/7 a sign of IBS! I have extreme anxiety about my health so I don't really know if I should be this worried or not. Will anxiety medication help any of my physical symptoms if it is just anxiety? Some one help please!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone on this forum feels exactly the same as you. We all suffer with this awful condition and it makes us think the absolute worse...what I have also learnt is that people with anxiety are very hard at taking there own advice. I can tell you now that anxiety is shown through a number of phyical symtoms and if your doctor isn't conserned then it probably isn't something serious. They see hundered of people every week and no what they are looking for...

I know how terrifying all this is, believe me. Like I said I am bad at taking my own advise, as even though I know all this..my anxiety plays on my mind and I often go to the doctors like I have today.

Take Care x

• Posted

Believe the doctor after tests are run. But always get a full exam first. Anxiety is behind ibs ao still falls into that category. Look if you stay in this forum even three minths you will see the same reptition of posts play out over and over. For whatever weird reason people investigate deadly ailments profusely but dint bither learning about anxiety ..even if they diagnosed that way. I dint get that at all. Anyway..after three short minths you will see patterns. Now imagine a professional doctor. Lord knows they see this one out of every three patients. So they know. They know the patterns way better then all of us. Believe the doctor. 

How to handle it all is probably best to learn. Become knowledgable. The internet has it all. Utilize it. And there are podcast, books, videos to teach you about anxiety, oanic attacks..etc.. pinterest is great and simple to use as well  a pschologist is a great start. They cant give meds but if they felt you needed them would tell you. There you will have enough interaction for the professional to guide you correctly and diagnose you and treat you. Meds are for crisis states. They are temporary if they work and some addicting and accomoany side effects. So not the first resprt but the last. And if you need them thats fine. But you will need therapy either way. Theres so many different kinds of therapy out there and moderator doest allow them to be listed so youd have to do a search. The classic therapy is cbt, dbt, talk therapy, bio feedback and or meds.

"just anxiety" has no connection to an anxiety disorder. An anxiety disorder is "just anxiety". Times a hundred. 🤔

• Posted

Sorry many typos but i hope you get the point.
  • Posted

I think medication will help with your anxiety but remember they are all types of medication you just have to find the right one. Good luck and I hope you get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.