stomach Bloating

Posted , 4 users are following.

For many years I have had bloating after eating but it is getting worse, its not that it hurts but I look like Im 6 -8 months pregnant . Any suggestions as I am very fit and train every day but its horrible and I hold in my stomach most of the day, NEXT morning its flat as a pancake

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  l get simular problem, as many on site do, my swelling isnt too bad, but others simular to you,  l had gastroscope and diagnosed with a bit of inflammation, acid reflux, both common causes for it, but if youve no discomfort it would be unusual. But there are many remedies, aloe vera, milk thistle, most commonly prescribed med is omprazole.  There is far more info and advice on gasritus thread, so might help if you could look in on that, but sure others will reply.
  • Posted

I had bloating every day i looked pregnant and like you by morning my tummy was flat. I had an colonoscopy and found a cancerous tumour, 2 weeks later i was in hospital the removed 30cm of my large intestine,i didnt need chemo or radiation because the caught it early, which i am very happy about. I have recovered. I dont have anymore bloating now.
    • Posted

thanks so much last time I went they gave some pills to me bu did not work, I have basically been living with it but its quiet depressing sometimes

I will make another appointment and see what happens 

• Posted

IBS
    • Posted

IBS, irritable Bowel Syndrome is what the Doctors call it when they dont know exactly what the problem is!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.