Stomach bloating

Posted , 4 users are following.

This afternoon I ate two small candy bars and about a half hour later I started having bad stomach cramp bloating and my stomach felt as if it was in my throat then shortly after I started getting dry heaves, I'm still feeling bloated and have air trapped in my stomach, has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Bad bacteria in your gut feeds from sugar. You should stay away from it, 
  • Posted

Avoid candy bars since you had a reaction shortly after eating them.
    • Posted

It has never happened before, it has been several hours and I still feel bloated and nothing seems to help me, I usually don't eat much candy but I enjoy it once in a while

• Posted

There can be a first time for everything.  I would simoly avoid the candy to see if it was that that caused your symptoms.  If no better after a week, see your doctor.
    • Posted

I'm feeling a little better today but my stomach isn't 100 percent yet, I'm going to avoid all chocolate, my Dr says I'm lactose intolerant now but I never used to be

• Posted

I had this when I had gastritis. The dry heaving was the worst. Get some blood tests done, particularly one for h pylori (a chronic stomach infection) if it doesn’t clear up. Have you been on antibiotics lately or has your stomach been empty? Do you ever have problems with stomach acid? Do you drink a lot of alcohol or use painkillers? These are all well known causes for gastritis. Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.