Stomach bloating and choking feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

lately i seem to be feeling bloated and feel as if I am chocking, sometimes it also seems to be hard to burp and like something is stuck in my throat, i also have anxiety and it gets even worse when I feel bloated

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brandon

This could be as simple as acid reflux which with a bad flare up will give you these symptoms.

Look at your diet, especially fats, bread, milk, cheese etc, these can cause indigestion. Try to eat small simple bland meals and find a way to relax, ie yoga, medidation etc. If things don't improve consult your dr.

• Posted

You need some antacids. Try ranitidine or nexium as well the advertisment on this page either the liquid or the chalky tablets. If you live in the UK deflatine are good for bloating or if it is really bad, you could have IBS in which case, I always recommend alverine, but that is prescription only.

• Posted

Sounds like acid reflux which can cause a feeling that something is stuck in your throat; I have had this. Try a food diary, eat blandly, chew your food well and don't eat late at night.Avoid fatty, rich and spicy foods. Try to stay as calm as possible because anxiety makes symptoms worse. Try OTC antacids or milk.

• Posted

lately i have been watching what I eat and i have antacids at home and at work, dairy products seems to make it much worse so i stay clear of dairy as much as I can

• Posted

yes, i have tried several different types and the only thing I can find that doesn't cause any problems is rice milk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.