Stomach bloating and pain since as long as I can remember. What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 19 year old male. I have had stomach pains all my life. I usually feel it in the evening when I have a dull pain on my right side under my ribs. Then as the night goes on, it worsens. If I eat anything, the pain later on will hurt more. At night, the pain is horrible. It feels like I have an overinflated basketball on my right side. I have shortness of breathe, and touching or laying on my right side hurts. It also affects my back making my spine feel like it is too heavy and made out of metal. I tend to sleep a little bit when I get an episode, but it always ends up the same. I wake up couple hours later in horrible pain. I have to find a position which is usually on my back with nothing touching my right side, and I sleep because of exhaustion. When I wake up in the morning, the pain is all gone. The whole ordeal is horrible. It happens about two or three times a month. I really don’t know what to do. My parents just tell me I ate something wrong. Should I do something about it? What should I do? What could this be? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try a food diary to see if it is food related.  It sounds like gastritis which can be identified by an endoscopy.   Also get your gallbladder checked  via an ultrasound or HIDA scan since your pain is right sided.  See your doctor who will be able to diagnose you since the episodes are recurrent.
    • Posted

I am also scared of the doctor. I don’t know what I should do. When should I really seek help? 
    • Posted

To get help, you will need to see a doctor; only a doctor can diagnose you.  Make an appointment straight away.    Finding out what is wrong by having tests will rule in/out possible causes.  This is how you will get a chance of treatment and relief of symptoms.  Not knowing what is wrong, will make your anxiety worse.  Seeing a doctor will help to reassure you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.