Stomach Bubbling

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past few several months I've had a wide variety of stomach pains. I've had an upper GI done but the doctor said everything was normal. First my stomach starts to bubble. I feel it pop, which hurts a lot, and the people around me says it sounds like my stomach is growling. This can last for a few hours until the pain moves to my lower stomach/intestines where I can feel something else move around slowly, causing a dull pain. Sometimes, especially if I'm sitting straight up, the pain suddenly turns sharp and I double over.

The pain stays until I use bathroom which is mostly just relieving gas. This would happen every day but then I stopped drinking out of a water bottle during lunch and the whole ordeal quit occurring. I thought that maybe the air I swallowed from the water bottle caused the problem but every now and then it happens again. Any ideas why? It also seems like it's worse during my period.

Thank you guys.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

well you have answered your own question ,you proerly eat to quickly as well this also causes bubbley wind .talking whilst eat ing also another culprit .

when i get that sharp pain with bubbling i no why babaies cry when they have wind its bloody painful glad you seemed to have solved your problem 

dont drink out of bottles drink and eat slowly an dont eat and drink or talk at the same time al this sucks air in and that it gets trapped 

• Posted

I would say that your stomach cannot digest the food you give it.

Bubbling means that the poor old stomach is having trouble digesting something.

What I do is get a notebook and write down what you eat and when and the results.

Its the only way to track down an intolerance.

I found out that I couldn't digest lactose BUT it took weeks of careful testing various dairy foods and soya yoghurts etc etc to pin it down.

Also stomachs *learn* to digest stuff over time but they can suddenly become intolerant too. Varying diet can remedy it too! Seems like the stomach can forget it's intolerance for a while.

doing tests after tests yourself and must write it down is really good - become your own stomach scientist! we are all different tummies.

• Posted

Thanks for the help! I was lactose intolerant for a few years but then it just went away last fall. I've been eating more candy from Easter and that may be the culprit.
    • Posted

well it wouldnt help.

lactose is a type of sugar 

so that might tell you something 

i find to much sugar will upset me now i am older 

but i am not a candy cake cookie type of person 

the only sweet thing i have is sugar in my tea 

an occasionl icecream, and a few marshmallows . 

i am also sensistive to salt  ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.