Stomach bug and after effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, after a stomach bug, is it normal for it to take some time for bowels to return to normal, no diahrrreah, no cramps etc? What would a normal time span be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi amanda75990

I believe that the normal time span from the last diarrhea encounter is around 24hs.

I myself, if I was going through a tummy bug and after the final diarrhea episode I would eat either thin arrowroot or morning coffee biscuits on occasion during the next day to help my stomach. It also helps to alert the digestive tract.

These biscuits are also helpful during the tummy bug as well.

But as far as the tummy bug goes, each person is different. But normally up to 24 hrs.

I hope this helps and that you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

One last thing amanda75990, that I forgot to mention is that I would not recommend any other biscuits because of the sugar contents.
  • Posted

What is normal for some going ever couple of days or three days is normal for them , while others need to go everyday, it you had a tummy bug and havent been eating a lot well it will take sometime until you return to your normal diet for yr BM to come back to normal, as long as you are not feeling uncomfortable bloated etc let nature takes its course.  Hope you are feelig better.  Take a probiotic it also helps with te good flora to form in your stomach.
  • Posted

Thankyou both for the helpful info and advice. Hopefully soon be back to normal :-)
  • Posted

I was going to sugggest priobiotics, too. And either to avoid dairy for a few days or maybe take a lactase enzyme (Lactaid, etc.) with dairy. Even a bug lasting a few days could hurt the intestines and cause a little damage that will take a few days to repair, from what I'm told. I don't think it should last more than a week, though.  Get well soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.