Stomach bug lasting for weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone else had a stomach virus lately? I'm getting cramps, fever, aching limbs and occasionally diarrhea. Feel truly awful.

Apparently there is a lot of norovirus going round in uk, but that is supposed to last three days. Of course with cfs, everything seems to last forever but this is getting ridiculous even by my standards. It's at least six weeks and I'm not feeling remotely better. Haven't been sick though.

Anyone else ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi James, it could be IBS. I'd had CFS a good many years before my bowels started playing up. My neurologist said that they often go hand in hand! Might be worth getting it checked out with your Dr.

Sarah.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, thanks for replying. You might be right. I've had ibs for a long long time but I don't normally have pain. I am under a lot of stress though at the moment, so I suppose it could be an escalation of my usual probs.

Also, just by the way, I've decided today to stop taking paracetamol (been taking max dose for weeks) and feeling slightly better for it. Not sure if that's part of problem.

Thanks Sarah.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.