stomach bug or hormones???

Posted , 9 users are following.

I need some help or advice - I have horrible stomach pain and nausea. I feel so, so, so hot. I am 43. I thought I had the stomach bug (I teach 1st grade) but I am not throwing up. The nausea comes in waves and I have a low grade fever 99.5. I also take prilosec for reflux for the past year due to hormones. Sometimes they feel like cramps but sometimes just stomach pain. And yes, horrible anxiety also, so now I feel like Im dying! I welcome suggestions!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have u been tested for helibactor pylori bacteria . Can cause similar symptoms.
  • Posted

Have you gone to the doctor? It could be a bug but you need to find out. These hormones are so tricky. When my cycle came on this time I had terrible back pain and my stomach feels so bloated. It's uncomfortable! But like I said check with your doctor it will help to ease your mind.
  • Posted

Hello there. Sorry you're feeling so low. Sounds to me like a bug. There's a lot of them about. I used to work in a school, and I used to catch everything! Given your age, that's quite young to be having peri or menopausal symptons, but it's not unheard of. Are you a worrier? If you are, then I'm afraid that as you get older, you may become more anxious. You only have to read the postings on this site of us ladies with a whole list of problems which cause us anxiety. You need to see the doc to see if you do have some sort of bug, and if that's what it is, get it cleared up, then go out and enjoy your life every second of every day, because when you do get peri symptoms, they really kick in !! I wish you all the best and hope that you'll be feeling better soon x
    • Posted

Hi Louise no disrespect but I started peri at age 40 and her symptoms ar exactly what I had they ran all sorts of test and found nothing I had stomach pains for years off and on so dane I suggest see a P.C.P and rule things out but peri symptoms come in all different ways I am now 48 and they seem to be subsiding thiough I still menstruate. Hang in there it will ease up.
    • Posted

No disrespect taken. It could be peri symptoms. I was just pointing out that it's more likely to be a bug. But, yes, it's always best to check these things out. 
  • Posted

Dear Dane,

I had bad nausea and loss appetite, the excess reflux in peri gave me gastitis, it could just be a bug as there are things going around but if it persists i would see doctor because it may need treating with medication, mine was persisitant and i pushed for an endoscophy which clarified I had gastitis x

• Posted

Hi Dane! I hear you girl, I have had the same thing for awhile now. It comes and goes and I am so bloated. I work with preschoolers so I am thinking it is a bug too. Should be taking Prilosec, I'm going to try that. Like others have said it is probably best to get it checked out but I think it is part of menopauserolleyes ugh. It sucks for sure...we never signed up for this :-)
    • Posted

I was really scared to take the Prilosec but I have been taking it for a year (prob to long) but it really helps take the chest pains away! 
  • Posted

Dear Dane,

i am a worrier by nature and the anxiety has been brutal. We will get through this. No one ever told me about Hesse other symptoms sheesh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.