Stomach burning.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone.. Am getting this really bad buring in my stomach I take omepralzol 20 the Dr sead it should help which it dose but I would like to know what I have. He gives me peptic liquid aswell... both do help but am worried it's something bad.. i have had blood tests done all came back clear am unsure what the next step is?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

What about H pilory test ? 
    • Posted

I seen that ticked on my blood results to get that checked but it came back clear maybe drinking fizzy juice is making it flare up. I will go back and see what else my Dr can offer.
  • Posted

Its probably GERD. you can ask dr to prescribe carafate ir will help with burning also. Dexilant ir Zantac may work better than omeprazole. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I drink alot of water now and i can honestly feel that cooling it down I'm just going to avoid juice and spicy stuff I will see my Dr about it Thanks.

• Posted

If I may, try very hard to avoid caffeine soda/coffee, cigars/cigarettes, alcohol, any any raw veggies that will certainly make it flair up. Like asparagus, spinach, etc. Take care, hope for the best.
    • Posted

Thank you very much. I do smoke and it dose make it worse sometimes it can even start a flare up am going to quit everything that causes this because it'sa very horrible feeling :-(

• Posted

My recommendation would be to take it seriously and educate yourself on lifestyle changes to avoid developing GERD or other things. I made the mistake of only partially adjusting cause my doctor didn't think it was a big deal. a year later and I know have a bunch of GI issues that are yet to be diagnosed but I am pretty sure I got here because over the year my digestive system weakened due to too much foods I don't tolerate well and reduced ability to digest due to being on PPIs (lower stomach acid). I was quite fit and didn't eat any bad junk food but ate a lot of nuts, dark chocolate, dairy and whole grains. Many of which I know know aren't good for a weak digestive system.

• Posted

10 month's update. i totally cut out any sort of fizzy juice now i get no where near as bad burning. i only get it when i drink it am now on flavourd water and wouldn't go back. hope this helps you guys. try the same as me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.