Stomach chest and oesophageal pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all my name is sean im 36 white bristish male... i have been suffering tremendously for years with stomach pain...

i have been told i have hiatus hernia and half a centermenter of barretts, thos was 4 years ago.. i am due to have another test done under general to investigate... i suppose i am scared to death of cancer and thinking the worse. my diet and habits have never been great .

so i have constant preasure in my stomach center below chest and the pressure feels like its pressung on my throat.... i have had scans kn my throat and cam down my nose and all was fine, all my blood tests come back normal ... when i take a deep breath i can feel thr pressure all up my osophagus into my throat. it becomes very tight and almost like a copper taste on my mouth...

i am taking opeprasol 40mg daily,

i am constantly burping my chest feels up with air i need to turn on my left side to release gasses.... my osophagus feels very tender.. i feel very odd. dizzy not with it... the worry has made me anxiouse depressed amd fearful of cancer and death ....my poor kids whitness this.... please someone help me with advice anyone same problems that has had reaults good results fixable ? anyones storys....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean first let me tell you if you had cancer 4 years from onset of symptoms at your age youd likely be dead ,hiatus hernia can cause alot of aches and pain in the ribs chest area and the burping can come from that or from anxiety as in you've formed a habit of doing it the more you are worrying about symptoms the more they will come and your body gets into that rhythm the brain is extremely powerful like when we think of nits we scratch our heads it can make things worse by focusing on them ,im like you i burp constantly all day long for years and years trust me in 4 years cancer would of been spotted along while bk 4 years is a very long time with cancer that would be untreated to still be alive get on with your life and enjoy your kids anxiety is the biggest life ruiner ever i know i have

• Posted

hi dawn thanks for responding... i may have not been clearer in my message.... 4 years ago told i had barrets amd hiatus hernia, 4 almost 5 years later im still suffering and my stomach pain has not gone im worried now as dr google has told me i have it... that being said of course i dont want to think like that but im suffering so much i really cannot pull away...

• Posted

Maybe book yourself in to see your gp and tell them your fears i do know when you have symptoms and pain going on it doesnt help when drs tell you just to manage it i think the worst i have tingling in all my limbs none stop for 2 years now it is a very worrying symptom but drs neuros tell me it wont kill me to get on with it take pain relief it doesnt stop my mind wandering to what is going on with me have they missed something dont google every thing you ask will tell you your dying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.