Stomach cramp, weight loss, no appetite

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I've been ill for nearly 3 weeks now with painful stomach cramps in the middle-top of my abdomen as well as bottom-right and left abdomen.

For the record I've had my appendix out when I was 12 (Im now 34) and I also have IBS however this has been controlled well for quite some time and the cramping does not feel the same plus from previous IBS episodes I've not found pain to be ongoing for days/weeks without stopping.

Symtom wise apart from the pain, I am extremely tired, weak, not sleeping/insomnia, no appetite, feeling nauseous without being sick, high weight loss - I've lost 1.2 stone in just over two weeks - not how I envisioned loosing weight.

I've been to see my doctor several times, have had one blood test for IBD which came back negative and I've had another blood test which Im still awaiting results for testing me for Celiac Disease. If that comes back negative he said he would refer me to a gastroenterologist. This as well as providing stool samples, the first came back clear, I am still yet to give in a second one as I've not passed stool since Sunday morning.

I am at odds ends at what is wrong with me, my family is worried and I am daily loosing weight, approx 2lbs a day.

Each time I attempt to eat anything food wise (apart from crackers) I have almost immediate diarrhoea.  [:neutral:]  

Anyone else been through this or even going through this?

Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been experiencing similar symptoms. Mine started back in February with stomach pains. I am only 5'5" and I normally weighed 170 lbs. I have been to my dr many times and have had blood work done several times, stool samples taken twice, ultrasounds and even a catscan. I was diagnosed with IBS. To date, I now weigh barely 130 lbs and am experiencing severe constipation. I've tried all the fiber tricks, even tried drinking pure pickle juice, still I can only pass a few "pebbles" once every couple of days. I go see the gastroenterologist on the 26th and am hoping to get some answers. I have been having sharp pains in my right side below my rib cage and some on my left. I went to the ER Saturday because the pain was so bad, but once again... Nothing seemed to be abnormal. My gallbladder and all other organs were normal, as well as urine and bloodwork were normal. It's very depressing. I am hoping to get some answers soon, but just feel reassured that you are not alone. I am experiencing very similiar issues as you. Hope you feel better soon as well.

• Posted

The same thing happened to me.  I could only pass one pebble like stool for an h pylori and fecal calprotectin test.  This was sufficient for h pylori which was negative but not for the fecal calprotectin.  I had to provide another pebble stool for this with the aid of laxatives.  The Calprotectin test was also clear.
  • Posted

May be there is chemical in the cracker that do not suit with your stomatch then you have allergy reaction so better get off the cracker if I were you.
    • Posted

This started before the crackers. Nice shot though.
  • Posted

I have been sick for three years, different then both you, the only real simularity is that the Doctor cant figure it out, even through their blood testing. Just a suggetion here... I would look into going to a Natural Medicine doctor or even better a Mecular Chemicl Cellular Biologist,I did!. ( in no particular order there). They will do blood work that is very intense and read it themselves. You may be amazed at the finding. In just two weeks I am already starting to see a bit of a change and this is afte three years of research with no answers untill now.

Good Luck Cj

• Posted

I have constant, mild IBS pain. Pain can go on for weeks or months without stopping.  This is how it started with me last year.  Keep a food diary to check for intolerances and you could try the Fodmap diet.  If you have no appetite, this could be why you are losing weight.
  • Posted

Oops reply was deleted as I mentioned to use something! anyway I really feel your pain and hope you get to the cause! And if I do I will post on here!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.