Stomach cramping for one week. Only relief is from laying on back or being in the bath

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I’m having terrible stomach pain on my right side of my stomach since Monday. It comes and goes for most of the day. It doesn’t allow me to do the daily things I usually do, such as grocery shopping or even sitting up. It hurts sometimes after I eat or just out of the blue.It has become so intense that I have cried not knowing what to do. I’m not sure exactly what is going on. Could someone give me some info?  Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi inky, do you feel sick? Have a temperature ? When you press on it and release is it painful?
  • Posted

When I press on the right side.... it hurts in one area. No, I don’t feel sick or anything like that. No, I don’t have a tenperature. 

I just bought a heat wrap and have that on my stomach... makes it feel a bit better

• Posted

Okay, I would still go to the hospital this could be a ruptured cyst or a cyst on the ovary or alarmingly could be your appendix if you leave it this can cause it to rupture please seek medical help asap. Best wishes
  • Posted

I think a cyst is more on the lower side of your stomach. I do have a doctors appointment for Monday. So, hopefully they can tell me something! Thanks for your advice 😊

• Posted

Right sided pain could be gallbladder or appendix.  Your doctor may need to order tests to diagnose you.
  • Posted

Thank you for your response. 
  • Posted

So, I had my doctors appointment today. Blood tests came back normal so now I go for an internal exam to check for a cyst or mass of some sort. 

If they find nothing then I’ll be going to an ultrasound. I hope they find something but nothing serious. 😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.