Stomach cramps?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 28 yr old female, I've been experiencing dull stomach pain/cramps for a few months now. I finally went to my gastro and I have an ultrasound and endoscopy scheduled in a few weeks... but curious to hear if anyone has any thoughts on what I might have.

• It comes and goes, gets worse after fatty or acidic meals. Feels like a generalized dull cramping all over my stomach but mainly on my sides. It kind of travels to my back on the sides as well. It makes me worried that maybe this isn't even stomach related and something is wrong with my kidneys bc it's kind of in that area also?
  • No other symptoms really... no heartburn stuff. Any ideas on what this could be?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Anybody? 😦 lol

• Posted

Did your doctor check for HPylori infection?

That is either done by breath test or tested during endoscopy.

• Posted

No he didn't. He said something about doing blood work but I told him I have a physical and blood work scheduled with my GP in January so he said just wait for that then?

• Posted

I had similar symptoms like yours. And HPylori was diagnosed for me. I took antibiotics. But really it was a nightmare mainly because the pain used to be dull, but like 10 hours a day, and frustrating.

• Posted

Yes! Lol it's not bad, like some people I read that they are in so much pain they can't even eat. Mines not like that at all, it's just a dull cramping on and off throughout the day. It's so annoying!

• Posted

Of course it was dull for me too, and I was able to work. But the main problem was it had become an every day thing. Disturbed my work schedule due to distraction created by bloating, and also because of thoughts and concerns ( like your have about kidneys ) that used to cause stress and anxiety.

I will suggest you not to try to know about the possible disease by yourself through internet and asking random people. Always consult a trusted doctor.

For me it made me more anxious and added to stress and sleepless nights using internet to understand the cause of disease. The problem is that even if you search for a bruise on the body, you will end up searching some dreaded contagious disease related to it, which might be totally wrong. Instead I try to search for medicines and ask for solutions.

• Posted

Thank you! Yes Dr. Google is the worst haha. I'm waiting to hear back from my gastro Dr about an ultrasound of my stomach that I had done this past weekend. And then I also have blood work scheduled in Jan.

• Posted

Ultrasound came back, everything was normal. They checked my kidneys, gallbladder, and pancreas and didn't find anything.

• Posted

Any change of bowel habit? Do you experience other types of pain? Does the pain move about? Could be any number of things; your coming tests may tell you more.

I had generalised abdominal pain that moved about. The pain came in four different types for three and a half months and I had nausea, back pain and change of bowel habit too. Tests showed nothing and I was eventually diagnosed with IBS.

• Posted

Yes it does move, it starts in my upper abdomen under my sternum, and then moved to a generalized cramping all over my stomach. Now lately it has been the sides of my stomach and my back. I also have been more constipated than usual.

• Posted

*it started in my upper abodmen

• Posted

Ultrasound came back, everything was normal. They checked my kidneys, gallbladder, and pancreas and didn't find anything. I have an endoscopy in Jan scheduled =/

• Posted

My ultrasound was negative for everything too. Hope the endoscopy gives you more answers. If it doesn't, you may have IBS.

• Posted

That's what I'm thinking also, I suffer from anxiety as well and Im wondering if that is playing a part in this also. A few different people have mentioned anxiety induced IBS =/ I wonder if I have that

• Posted

I have anxiety induced IBS. However, IBS doesn't show on any scan or test because it is a functional bowel problem. Other causes need to be ruled out first. Ask your doctor if you could have IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.