Stomach Cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have mild stoamch cramps especially if hungry or just after eating. These cramps give me mild headaches at the back with neck muscle pains as well. I am currentlyon Cimetidine 400mg once at night which i have been taking for three weeks after the doctor said it could be ulcers. The pains were far worse with dizziness as well at first but now its better. But this nagging pain is nagging me and i wish to rid myself from it. What should I take and which foods must i avoid so I can get back to normal again. Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If the doctor thinks you have ulcers, avoid fatty, greasy, and spicy food.  If the medication is working, continue with it.
  • Posted

The medication is helping to a greater extent. But am anxious to get over these pains. How long does it take to clear ?
  • Posted

Has the doctor ordered an endoscopy to confirm you have ulcers?  If you haven't had one ask to get referred. Do you have any heartburn or nausea because these can be ulcer symptoms. You will need a firm diagnosis to find out exactly what is causing pain.  Once you know for sure, your doctor should be able to tell you how long it takes to get better. You could also ask for an h pylori test. celiac and an ultrasound to rule other things out. Omeprazole is also good for a short period.

• Posted

I used to get nasea and heartburn more often before but its been better of late. I once took omeprazole but left it for Cimetidine because of the side effects it had on me.
    • Posted

Omeprazole can cause nasty side effects if taken for long periods.  I only had a bit of mild itching and mild nausea when taking it. After a while, my heartburn lessened so I now take Gaviscon or Bisodol..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.