Stomach cramps

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been suffering from stomach cramps for a while now and this last week has been particularly bad. its not period type cramps more intestinal cramps like IBS. its been pain all around the abdomen but especially around the navel. has anyone else had this and found anything that helps? I am in perimenopuause and it really sucks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have diverticulitis and around the navel snd right under it is where I have diverticulitis AND get the pain when I have a flare and it’s infected you might want to get it checked out just to make sure you’re not have an attack where I get the pain when I have a flare and it’s infected you might want to get that checked out just to make sure you’re not having an attack. I have to go on anabiotic’s every so many months I hate it!

• Posted

hi Ruth I have ibs with D, I get real bad stomach pains that go on for hours, I have to lay in bed with a heating pad... sometimes it goes away in an hour and sometimes it can take all night but this really works for me, If the pain gets real bad. my doc says they are stomach contractions, there is some pretty good stuff on line about trigger foods, anxiety also really brings it on... ive had it for about 5 years now and peri has made it worse... But maybe this info will help you!!! I also have alittle gastritis also,, The doc will usually do process of elimination before they diagnose you but u could try the heating pad if it gets bad... hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hi, Ruth,

Yes. I get this symptom periodically. I have been dealing with it for the last several weeks and it's very painful. I have been diagnosed with GERD, IBS and gastritis over the past 22 years. Since my hormones have been declining in peri, I find that my gastro symptoms are much worse. I recently saw my natural wellness doctor for the digestive issues and she prescribed BHRT, recommended a paleo diet lifestyle change, advised drinking plenty of water, light exercise and 750 mg of magnesium. She also prescribed digestive enzymes to help ween me off of a PPI that I've been taking for a long time. She also suggested eating several small meals throughout the day in order to keep food in my system. With the gastro flare ups (it hurt to eat and even drink water) I was not eating enough and the stomach/intestinal pain was becoming excruciating. Then it became this terrible cycle between not eating causing the pain and having the existing pain from the other issues. Once it starts for me, it can take a couple of months to get it under control. I'm finding the paleo diet is helping, I'm also avoiding dairy and gluten on my doctor's advisement. I just started the BHRT, so I don't know how that will work out yet.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this pain, as I know it can be debilitating. I hope you find some relief soon. please let me know how you're getting on. You're not alone in this! BIG HUGS--Sarah

• Posted

i have had DIVERTICULOSIS for years. Have have 2 bowel resections done. I started taking a probiotic daily for the last 2 years and it has cut down by tummy issues by more then half. I don't even get as sick as I used too. They say your gut is where the bulk of your immune system is. Just a suggestion ladies, I know it has helped me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.